Knocking/ Chattering at high rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I don't know how to check them without opening it but it shouldn't be that hard. Try YouTube and see IF there is a tut on it

billiam7787

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
before u go tearing the engine apart, it sounds to me like u have a small exhaust leak, possibly before the cat if u are throwing that code. try driving in 2 or 3rd gear, forcing ur truck around that rpm range, get a better sound and feel of whats really happening. dont worry if ur truck bucks a little when u play around at that rpm, thats ur back pressure releasing itself and lurching ur truck. also, inspect ur exhaust, from headers back, bc while a leak right before the muffler wouldnt case ur fault code, it will still make the sound u are describing.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Can you post the clip on YouTube so I can see it? Like I said my computer died and I'm stuck with an iPhone :(

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Is it there above 4k while it's being revved in park? Might give you a way to see if it's only when the drive line is engaged. I listened to both videos, and couldn't tell too much from either one.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If it is not loose heat or protection shielding or something like that like I mentioned before you may not have any choice but to tear down the valvetrain looking for damage. Did you not try using a mechanics stethoscope?

OP
OP

19964x4HOE

Reaction score
i have a stethoscope but havent used it yet. I've kidna been jsut babying the truck for now lol and trying not to drive it much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne