Kicker L7T 8" in stock box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I don't have any OEM stereo equipment hooked up, everything is after market I did myself.

Pdx-v9 is for 2 hertz front components and hertz in rear door. And 2 8" comp rt in between the center console
Mrv-f300 is for the 2 c pillar tweeters i modified the opening for 2 3.5" kickers and bridged for a 6.5" sub for the center console.
Next is on order is pdx m6 I got a great deal on for most likely 8" comp r in the back OEM box I just put in today and a 3rd pioneer shallow box with an 8" comp rt in between the captains chairs.

I was thinking before about the L7T but is the hassle moddifing the box worth it for 20% more cone space and 50 more watts? Ehhhhh. Prally not.

If im reading this right...u got 4 subs? 3 8" & a 6.5" ?? Can u post more pics zoomed out from the Pioneers boxes & also is there a way to order just the boxes? I got a KICKER cx600.1 that I wanna connect a nice KICKER woofer to like the one u mention.. But i emailed Kicker.. the tech dude said "wire in series for a 4ohm load to push 300rms." ??? Kinda confused... Can u post a link to the Kicker woofer model# ur looking at Thanks Bro!!

I got my Truck all wired up with a Double Din, fuse & 6gauge OFC Copper wire. The rear box is empty ready to drop the woofer in. That Planet Audio AC8D i got coming on the way i'll probably sell.

Last edited:

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. They said my KICKER cx600.1 was fine at 2ohms if wired in series.

Is your woofer 1 ohm DVC? Thats the only way to get a 2 ohm load with coils in series. But yes, the Kicker CX600.1 is 2 ohm stable and will deliver its rated 600W rms at that impedance.

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
The woofer is a PLANET AUDIO AC8D 4OHM DVC.

The attachment is a screenshot of the Manufacturer Manual.

https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Audio-AC8D-Voice-Subwoofer/dp/B00IVEHFNC

Talking with Planet Audio on the phone they mentioned only to use their products BOSS and couldn't speak for the Kicker amp. They didn't hesitate to instruct me to send them pictures of my destroyed subwoofer so they can send me another one. It arrives tomorrow

Screenshot_20191104-042444.png

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will want to wire a 4 ohm DVC in parallel, not series, to achieve a 2 ohm load.

If I was going to pair a Kicker woofer with the Kicker CX600.1 and make the most of it, id be the Kicker ConpR8 4 ohm parallel. This would give you 600W rms to play with, which is PLENTY for that woofer. A little safer paring, would be the CompR 2 ohm wired in series. 300W rms.

"Talking with Planet Audio on the phone they mentioned only to use their products"

Old sales myth. A woofer would never know the difference from one amp brand to another, and amp never knows the brand of speaker its driving, just the impedance.

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
If im reading this right...u got 4 subs? 3 8" & a 6.5" ?? Can u post more pics zoomed out from the Pioneers boxes & also is there a way to order just the boxes? I got a KICKER cx600.1 that I wanna connect a nice KICKER woofer to like the one u mention.. But i emailed Kicker.. the tech dude said "wire in series for a 4ohm load to push 300rms." ??? Kinda confused... Can u post a link to the Kicker woofer model# ur looking at Thanks Bro!!

I got my Truck all wired up with a Double Din, fuse & 6gauge OFC Copper wire. The rear box is empty ready to drop the woofer in. That Planet Audio AC8D i got coming on the way i'll probably sell.

Yea just look up Pioneer shallow 8" enclosure. I waited for used ones to pop up. Big reason why I went this route, it's to make it somewhat flat with the trunk and for the seats to fold still and not be in the way. Anything bigger would be in the way of everything and when I have people in the 3rd row in the back. Mean it's not perfect or for show or anything but not to bad. If it was higher or wider, it would be digging into the 2nd row seats. Will I come one up with something else to change it, who knows, but not if it takes up more space then what I want..

20191004_153056.jpg 20191004_165342.jpg

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like what you've to fill that floor space. I need to do this on my 03 tahoe. My middle seats will stay folded 99.99% of the time as my dogs are likely the only ones that will ride back there. So I need to bridge that low floor spot so its level with the folded seat backs.

Ive got an Arc Audio 12" laying around, but do not know if I can make the baffle wall wide enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos