Keys locked in car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenW

Reaction score
So I just locked the keys to my 2015 Yukon XL in the car...while it was running.

I didn't think it was supposed to be able to do that?

Anyone else have this happen before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

StephenW

Reaction score
Don't have a subscription. Interesting suggestion. I used AAA.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
App is free, onstar is a subscription....paid monthly and depending on which plan you get about $30-40 a month. Newer trucks may give you 5 year subscription but my '13 tahoe only came with 6 or 8 mths

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
App is free, onstar is a subscription....paid monthly and depending on which plan you get about $30-40 a month. Newer trucks may give you 5 year subscription but my '13 tahoe only came with 6 or 8 mths

Mine was for 6 months when I bought my 16 Hoe last October.

In the end I decided to keep the lowest basic one [about 20 bucks a month] in case I get locked out or need roadside assistance on one of my long trips..Also you have maintenance reminders and the monthly diagnostic report..All that makes me feel better when I travel alone..But that is just me.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 avalanche, and got 5 years of basic free (saw it online and had to ask for it). Great app. New ones get 5 too, but 11-13 now only get 3 years...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just locked the keys to my 2015 Yukon XL in the car...while it was running.

I didn't think it was supposed to be able to do that?

Anyone else have this happen before?

Very weird right.... it happened to me with in a few weeks of getting the truck. I had left my keys and phone inside the truck. I had it running, I got out the truck to go and clock out. Came back and it was locked. I had to called my wife to bring spear remote. Very weird and has never happend again.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OnStar/Cadillac app is AWESOME. While I have yet to ever lock my keys in my car I love being able to cool down or heat up my car while out of range of my remote. Plus I have people that need things out of my truck when I'm miles away and I can unlock and lock it without the worry of leaving it unlocked all day.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it now for tracking, after my 2006 Yukon XL was stolen. I got 15 months free after the 4G upgrade. This was special case though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf

Latest posts