Keyless Entry & TPMS both stopped working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mutts Cuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've only ever read forum posts. This will be my first time posting my own problem to a group. Let me know if I'm doing this wrong, or if and how I would pose a new question.

Here is what has happened so far:

Over a 2 week period I noticed that the range of my FOB was getting poor and with each day I would need to be closer to the vehicle to get the FOB to work, but sometimes it would still only work after pressing the unlock several times while next to the vehicle.
I replaced the battery and purchased an additional aftermarket FOB just to be sure it wasn't the FOB or battery. The new FOB was programmed successfully and it worked for a few days then all FOBs stopped working altogether. I get no response under any circumstance. I have tried unplugging the battery, reprogramming the FOBs (this can't be performed now like it used to be), and i've pulled the DSM fuse with the vehicle off ( this may be my problem. I'll try pulling the fuse with the key on later) .

Please let me know if there are any other items to check before turning this over to a shop.

Thank you

HOG4FUN62

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have also been having this same problem on my 07 YUKON XL. I have replaced batteries, bought and programmed new remotes. They only work if I am within a few feet of the truck. I didn't see a reply to the above problem. If anyone knows how to remedy this, please post.

Thank you

5StarG3neral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I know I'm bumping an ancient thread but I'm stumped with this issue.

My fobs and tpms were working intermittently until they finally quit.

I've pulled the fuse as I've read in multiple posts... No luck. Bought a new replacement from rock auto.. No luck. My autel scanner cannot communicate with the rcdlr at all.

Anybody have any suggestions?

jeeperak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i started having the issues so i replaced the rcdlr and still nothing. any help at all will be amazing. after replacing the unit i drove for about 10 miles started and restarted, also pulled fuse and nothing..i cant get passed the relearn keyless entry. It wont go into learn mode either and tpms is still nogo as well. basically as if i did nothing lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started having the issues so i replaced the rcdlr and still nothing. any help at all will be amazing. after replacing the unit i drove for about 10 miles started and restarted, also pulled fuse and nothing..i cant get passed the relearn keyless entry. It wont go into learn mode either and tpms is still nogo as well. basically as if i did nothing lol
Like Mike said, a new RCDLR must be programmed to the vehicle, they are not plug and play.

jeeperak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks fellas very much, is there a ob2 tool i csn buy to do it myself? i need to do a few things like enable the power mirrors i put on too. im guessing maybe a MDI2 might to the trick?

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a cheap dc amp clamp/volt meter would tell you a lot. it still sounds like you're running off the battery at red lights to me.. it's better with 2 batteries, but still best not to do that if you can avoid it..

years and years ago. I put big electric fans on a car and it caused it to run off the battery at red lights. it was mostly. fine but batteries didn't last more than a year. I finally put a much smaller pulley on it, voltage held up and batteries went back to lasting years again.

the alt died from being over worked a few years later and I found a direct swap from a diesel version. put out crazy amps at idle, had to upgrade wiring that was getting warm, but it's been good for years and years after that.

I still feel your aftermarket alt is blah at idle, I'd check it. since I don't trust many aftermarket stuff to be good

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas very much, is there a ob2 tool i csn buy to do it myself? i need to do a few things like enable the power mirrors i put on too. im guessing maybe a MDI2 might to the trick?
Yes, an MDI with a laptop can do programming with a Subscription to ACDelco's TDS. For diagnostics you would need a copy of the GM Global Diagnostic Software.