Key fobs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fob just died, after cleaning for who knows how long.

I've been googling which one to get, the ones that came with mine were all 4 button fobs. Lock, unlock, rear window release and panic.

I'm looking at this one and a few others. My question is, they all have different part numbers.
Is there really a difference between them?
They all look exactly the same.
I'm getting sick of using my key to get in my Tahoe haha.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-GM-Ge...General+Motors&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

and another one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Factor...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4B8C0719-A9A5-40F7-8909-0CDCFEFD30CA.jpeg

I have the AP8 and wanted remote start. Went to dealership to add remote start and received this huge 2-way remote. Hate the size but love the functions.

The best is to go to the parts counter with the vin and also find a parts coupon on their website

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, you can simply go to a local locksmith, buy the fob from them, and have them program it to your truck. You should be in and out in 15 minutes, with the knowledge that you have the correct fob, and it works correctly.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I prefer the Escalade style keyfobs....

downloadfile-134.jpg
rps20200531_191123_659.jpg

They definitely seem more durable and the range even seems better than my original.

I always had issues with the originals cracking around the edge where they snapped together. I am not, by any means, ******* my keyfobs. They are in my pocket 90% of the time unless they are in the ignition.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Escalade style keyfobs....

View attachment 249066
View attachment 249067

They definitely seem more durable and the range even seems better than my original.

I always had issues with the originals cracking around the edge where they snapped together. I am not, by any means, ******* my keyfobs. They are in my pocket 90% of the time unless they are in the ignition.

I definitely like the look of the caddy fobs over the factory ones. I also agree, mine crack and seem to wear and like you, they're in my pocket or in the ignition. Not like I'm throwing them around the house or making my dog fetch them haha.
Do all the functions work when programmed?
Being a PPV it only has lock, unlock, rear glass release and panic.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I definitely like the look of the caddy fobs over the factory ones. I also agree, mine crack and seem to wear and like you, they're in my pocket or in the ignition. Not like I'm throwing them around the house or making my dog fetch them haha.
Do all the functions work when programmed?
Being a PPV it only has lock, unlock, rear glass release and panic.

All of the buttons work on my LTZ with power liftgate.

s0lohans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that after searching all the posts here in the forum, I thought I couldn’t program the key fobs myself since I have a 2013 and everyone says after 2012 you have to get locksmith to do it.

Well, my PPV has the option to do it via the dash push button as well as DIC if you add it (which I did).

The following 2 fobs worked perfectly, but only for lock / unlock the doors since it’s a PPV:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274340211686

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSMC29F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9