Key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amp653

Reaction score
Can a PPV be programmed without a dealer or something extra? Or can I just cut a new key?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can a PPV be programmed without a dealer or something extra? Or can I just cut a new key?
a key is done easily in seconds (as long as you have 1 working key already) otherwise it's a 30 minute learning procedure.
a fob requires at least some form of programming with a tech2, or similar tool, or obd programmer as far as I know anyway, the older trucks were easier to do

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
a key is done easily in seconds (as long as you have 1 working key already) otherwise it's a 30 minute learning procedure.
a fob requires at least some form of programming with a tech2, or similar tool, or obd programmer as far as I know anyway, the older trucks were easier to do
Somewhere in the 2009/2010 model years they changed how you had to program a fob and key. The earlier years is straight forward, the later years, not so much.

I could do both fob and key in my drive way on my 2008. Had to have a dealer do it for our 2013.

OP
OP
A

Amp653

Reaction score
That’s what it seems like. Tried twice with two different fobs. No luck. What about he Dorman set up that comes with the fob? Would that work?

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
Not an immediate solution but I just replaced my 2010 suburban key fobs with ones from Boost Auto. Mine are the self-programmable but they also offer a Fob programmer for 2011+, but it’s out of stock with no ETA. May be worth a call to see if it’s supply chain or discontinued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf