Key Fob Range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjr

Reaction score
How about your 2nd fob? If that has short range too, it wouldn't be a fob issue. I don't see the fob shell as having any effect.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is an issue with other Non GM vehicles too. Our 08 will transmit 500+ Ft no issues. I would research how to extend the range to see what the receiver uses for it’s antenna.

I’m not sure what GM uses to pull in the key fob signal. Our *** cars are venerable to rain on the GSM antenna connection that renders the remotes to chin use only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall my old fob doing something similar so I got one from Amazon and programmed myself it works much better than either of the 2 original fobs. @NathanJax got the fob that looks like the new rigs. Nate how far does yours work?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall my old fob doing something similar so I got one from Amazon and programmed myself it works much better than either of the 2 original fobs. @NathanJax got the fob that looks like the new rigs. Nate how far does yours work?

Far. I'm not sure how far, but if I can see my truck or hear the horn, it'll work.

JDvorak85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a fleet of 2017 and newer Gmc and Silverado 2500 trucks and the range is pheonominal with the key fob. Bought the wife a 2019 Tahoe last year and the range sucks! Literally have to be within 15ft of it with the wind blowing the correct direction for the fob to work. It has been like this since we rolled it off the lot