Key fob 'hidden' tricks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have have figured out how to get the windows to go down with the fob and fold in the mirrors with the fob..,can't seem to get the windows UP with the fob...what's the trick?

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

Tonka Boater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You need to enable these features in the vehicle settings from the Intellink screen, not the steering wheel settings.

Pretty simple....
  1. Settings, Vehicle, Comfort & Convenience, Auto Mirror Folding, Select On
  2. Settings, Vehicle, "Remote Lock, Unlock, Start", Remote Window Operation, Select On
To operate the folding mirrors, hold the Lock button on the fob for 2 seconds.

To fold the mirrors out, hold the Unlock button for 2 seconds. Keep holding for an additional 2 seconds to roll down the windows.

Last edited:

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the windows will go up using the fob. I think just about all manufacturers have disabled this feature here in the US for safety reasons. At least that is what I recall reading a few years ago for other vehicles I have owned that allowed the fob to roll the windows down but not up.

Tonka Boater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't believe the windows will go up using the fob. I think just about all manufacturers have disabled this feature here in the US for safety reasons. At least that is what I recall reading a few years ago for other vehicles I have owned that allowed the fob to roll the windows down but not up.

You are correct, they do not go back up with the fob. I have the mirrors enabled but I disabled the window feature. Not so much for safety... being in MN I can see me accidentally activating the windows in rain or snow and walking away without realizing it.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to enable these features in the vehicle settings from the Intellink screen, not the steering wheel settings.

Pretty simple....
  1. Settings, Vehicle, Comfort & Convenience, Auto Mirror Folding, Select On
  2. Settings, Vehicle, "Remote Lock, Unlock, Start", Remote Window Operation, Select On
To operate the folding mirrors, hold the Lock button on the fob for 2 seconds.

To fold the mirrors out, hold the Unlock button for 2 seconds. Keep holding for an additional 2 seconds to roll down the windows.

Got all that. Was wondering how to get them to go up. Thanks

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, they do not go back up with the fob. I have the mirrors enabled but I disabled the window feature. Not so much for safety... being in MN I can see me accidentally activating the windows in rain or snow and walking away without realizing it.

Seems the Tahoe does?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC