Kenwood Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ok, that worked. I can have the DVD play in the back with headsets and listen to radio in front. Do I need to buy a Kenwood remote so anyone watching DVD in the back can pause the DVD or skip forward? The factory remote doesn't work.

You would definitely need a Kenwood remote or there are a few Kenwood apps that you can download to your phone that act as a remote depending on your head unit, and phone I suppose, I am an Android guy so I can't speak to whether or not they are available for the iPhone. I just have a regular old ear phone.

Also, you should check the rear audio controls on the back of the center console. I can't remember if the DVD can be controlled from there or not. I never ride in the back and we only use the rear tv on long trips which rarely happen.

LazloZ28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kenwood is installed. The place I ordered the DDX9906 sent me a DDX9907XR instead. No complaints there.

Took a long time to install as I take my time. Crutchfield was right that the radio didn't fit. I needed about another 1/4 to 1/2 inch to make it fit. I was able to get the radio to fit after cutting out the back plastic support. I did cut the plastic bar that is on the bottom behind the climate control as it gave me more room to push all the cables back and maestro rr.

The only thing that is not working is the rear video monitor. When I play a DVD it only shows on the Kenwood but not the rear monitor. The monitor is lit up but no video so looks like it's getting power.

Does anyone know how I can get video in the rear monitor?
You wouldn't happen to have pics of what you cut? I have the same HU, everything working for the most part. Problem is there's a metal bar right behind the plastic, so I wasn't sure how much depth I could get just cutting plastic.

Also did you run the kw mic, or get the factory one through meastro?

I also have the 3rd row monitor, and the idatalink adapter doesn't work for that, but I think I can simply splice the factory wires. They'll always play the same thing, but I couldn't find a HU that can output 3 sources like the factory one, which is not a big deal.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend if you’re looking at Kenwoods to go with the 10.5” screen Kenwood DMX1057XR

amazing touch screen, hi res audio, multi media headunit with all the toys you’d want as well as 5v preout which is hard to find in any headunit on the market.
820843E5-476A-4D35-B13B-CCF6C143C85E.jpeg

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend if you’re looking at Kenwoods to go with the 10.5” screen Kenwood DMX1057XR

amazing touch screen, hi res audio, multi media headunit with all the toys you’d want as well as 5v preout which is hard to find in any headunit on the market.
View attachment 347425
What cup holder setup is this? Looks sharp.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

View attachment 347425

Curious how much that interferes with those center A/C, Heater vents???

That was always my concern with head units that are in front of the vents like that. Seems like the moisture from the A/C and the extra heat from the heater would cause issues with the screen. Maybe I am just paranoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98