Keep my 20" wheels or go with 24's

Should I get the 24" KMC Slides?

• Get them!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Keep what you have

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger and went with the KMC Slides.

I know...they are played out but I don't see them at all in Orange County and I just love the way they look.

I'm sitting at 1" drop up front and 2" in the rear. When I did it, I didn't want anything aggressive.

Now with the new wheels and tires, I love the way it looks how it's sitting now but thinking of going down another 1" in the front and rear.

Should I do it or just keep it the way it is?

It rides awesome right now!!

View attachment 205611

I aint up on all the Rim /Tire combos.. but for my money(or yours) I love the way you truck looks..... I'm in NY.. i think that would look great here but with the weather and crappy roads here....

Last edited:

Bryingram4

Reaction score
I have 24" Dub Futures with Lexani Tires. I'm noticing more and more road noise and vibrations. I've had the tries rotated and balanced numerous times and I'm thinking the tires are complete crap. I also have a 2/4 drop, no spindles, no MRC..
How is the front dropped 2” with out a spindle? If it’s a coil drop, that is part of the problem. Get a Belltech 2” Drop spindle, OEM strut shock. That will help a lot! And the tires are always the issue. Tires get overlooked and people are always so affraid to buy a quility tire. That is the 1 and Only part that seperates yor vehicle from the ground. If you have crap tires, it’s gonna ride like crap. Buy Good quality tires. They should last 2 years if you balance and rotate. $275-$325 a tire is nothing and should be not overlooked. That is the cheapest upgrade you can do, Quality Tires! Go with the best and get Michelin or save a little and get Pirelli. Toyo is 3rd on line. That will help.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I know...they are played out but I don't see them at all in Orange County and I just love the way they look.

I'm sitting at 1" drop up front and 2" in the rear. When I did it, I didn't want anything aggressive.

Now with the new wheels and tires, I love the way it looks how it's sitting now but thinking of going down another 1" in the front and rear.

What size tire did you end up going with? Any rubbing at all?

Looks great. Exactly the stance I'm shooting for when my current tires (on stock 20's) need replacing & I can justify since I need tires anyway doing a wheel upgrade. LOL

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tire did you end up going with? Any rubbing at all?

Looks great. Exactly the stance I'm shooting for when my current tires (on stock 20's) need replacing & I can justify since I need tires anyway doing a wheel upgrade. LOL

Thanks!

I went with a 295/35/24

No rubbing at all and the truck rides great!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 205611
I think it looks really good.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the front dropped 2” with out a spindle? If it’s a coil drop, that is part of the problem. Get a Belltech 2” Drop spindle, OEM strut shock. That will help a lot! And the tires are always the issue. Tires get overlooked and people are always so affraid to buy a quility tire. That is the 1 and Only part that seperates yor vehicle from the ground. If you have crap tires, it’s gonna ride like crap. Buy Good quality tires. They should last 2 years if you balance and rotate. $275-$325 a tire is nothing and should be not overlooked. That is the cheapest upgrade you can do, Quality Tires! Go with the best and get Michelin or save a little and get Pirelli. Toyo is 3rd on line. That will help.

I bought the drop kit from Norcal before there was a drop spindle for the front. I replaced the Lexani with Nexen Roadian HP and the difference is night and day. There isn't too many places that sell or install 24" tires. Michelin does not carry a 24" tire.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been throwing around the idea because I'm always looking for some change.

I'm currently running 20" Method NV's with 275/55/20 BFG K02.

I work in the off industry so I got these at a good price but it still gives off that mean, off road look with out any crazy suspension work.

For that last couple months, I've been looking at swapping them out for a set of 24" KMC Slides.

I know they are played out but I just love the look!

If anyone has gone from 20's to 24's, what did you like or dislike about it?

I'm looking at pulling the trigger this weekend!

If anyone has a set of used 24" KMC Slides they are looking to get rid of or want to trade, let me know!

Here's how my Tahoe sits now...

View attachment 205229

I went 24s, in mu opinion i feel the ride is smother. Keeping the 20s for winter.
20180907_224610.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26