Keep my 20" wheels or go with 24's

Should I get the 24" KMC Slides?

• Get them!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Keep what you have

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put that money away that's burning a hole in your pocket and start saving for it. I think you did the tune already, right? AFM delete and camshaft? The tune is a great bang for the buck. The cam is a preventive maintenance issue with the bonus of more horsepower.

I'm not into wheels like most fellas are here, but I do think the ones you have with the KO2s and that new wrap and stance look awesome, even my children really like your truck.

Thanks man!

I only have a simple street tune done by a local tuner in Socal.

I've been thinking about going to a shop in Murrieta called Cunningham Motorsports to do the AFM delete and camshaft.

Haven't really pulled the trigger yet on that.

So many things I want to do! Haha!!

Some days it's performance...then it's looks!

Before I got my Tahoe Wrapped, it was performance!

I'm all over the place and some time very indecisive! :confused:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say you checked the box on looks, now go make it fast! Half the fun of these is doing the work yourself, feel up to changing the cam? Any of these guys live nearby?

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a bunch of different sets of 24's over the last 10 years and will say some rode great and some did not. I'm super picky when it comes to balance. Definitely pay more for a good tire as it will make all the difference vs the cheap wanli ling longs and Lexanis. I have not had luck with Lexani at all they are complete garbage from my experirence. The biggest thing to take in consideration is tire shops in your area that have people who are trained to balance 24's. Doesn't matter if they have a $12K Hunter road force machine if the guy balancing your wheels does not know what he's doing. If they do not know how to balance them you WILL have vibrations that will drive you crazy if your like me lol.

Bryingram4

Reaction score
Try koko kuture sardinia 6 or giovanna dramuno 6 they have a similar design like the wheels you are looking for.
Go with the 24’s. Just need quality tires. I run 24” Giovanna Duramo 6 on Pirelli Scorion Zeros 285/35/24. I have a 2” Belltech drop spindle and a 4” Belltech drop coil. MagRide & AutoLevel. Rides like a dream. It’s about quality tires and suspension. But you already know that from Offroad Industry. You get what you pay for. Toyo is Not the best tire for street. Pirelli is 2nd with Michelin #1 by far, and most expensive. I was in your same boat for a while. Coming from offroad wheels/tires to big street wheels/tires was a hard switch. But couldn’t be happier now.

D7A08713-66A6-488E-9101-CCAF1BF6121F.jpeg 353D66BE-36EE-404B-869A-58FE59DEC841.jpeg 0602A30F-295F-41DC-86EF-1473F83E69C9.jpeg

Bryingram4

Reaction score
Go with the 24’s. Just need quality tires. I run 24” Giovanna Duramo 6 on Pirelli Scorion Zeros 285/35/24. I have a 2” Belltech drop spindle and a 4” Belltech drop coil. MagRide & AutoLevel. Rides like a dream. It’s about quality tires and suspension. But you already know that from Offroad Industry. You get what you pay for. Toyo is Not the best tire for street. Pirelli is 2nd with Michelin #1 by far, and most expensive. I was in your same boat for a while. Coming from offroad wheels/tires to big street wheels/tires was a hard switch. But couldn’t be happier now.

View attachment 205607 View attachment 205608 View attachment 205609
I also want to add that I tow a 4,000lb travel trailer and a 5,000 boat with no problem on these tires or suspension. The AutoRide keeps it perfectly level. The Denali’s 6.2V8 also makes things very easy to throw around.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger and went with the KMC Slides.

I know...they are played out but I don't see them at all in Orange County and I just love the way they look.

I'm sitting at 1" drop up front and 2" in the rear. When I did it, I didn't want anything aggressive.

Now with the new wheels and tires, I love the way it looks how it's sitting now but thinking of going down another 1" in the front and rear.

Should I do it or just keep it the way it is?

It rides awesome right now!!

IMG_2204.jpg

Dannydevito74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go with what you like. If it’s 24 do that. If 20 there are tons of options. Why aren’t you looking in the middle? 22’s? Lots of options there too. If you’re worried about rubbing do your homework before buying.

What the largest possible tire you can put on a 2017 Tahoe with a leveling kit with the least amount of rubbing??
33x12.5 I’m guessing is impossible.

Bryingram4

Reaction score

I know...they are played out but I don't see them at all in Orange County and I just love the way they look.

I'm sitting at 1" drop up front and 2" in the rear. When I did it, I didn't want anything aggressive.

Now with the new wheels and tires, I love the way it looks how it's sitting now but thinking of going down another 1" in the front and rear.

View attachment 205611
Looks good. No more drop!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 205611
:waytogo: Glad that you got what you wanted.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 24" Dub Futures with Lexani Tires. I'm noticing more and more road noise and vibrations. I've had the tries rotated and balanced numerous times and I'm thinking the tires are complete crap. I also have a 2/4 drop, no spindles, no MRC..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore