Katzkin Leather Seat Upgrade...Heat only or Heat and Cooling????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdigilio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just scooped up a 2019 Chevy Tahoe and will be purchasing Katzkin Leather seats.

Questions:

1. How do you rate the product?

2. Is the cooling system worth the additional $900 to upgrade.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Mike D

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it appears that the COOLING feature is just a speed controlled fan motor...to me, not worth it. my 2012 had that feature, and i hardly noticed it when i did remember to use it.

a true cool air ducted system would be far better

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends where you are. I live inReno, the high desert, yes its worth it.

Of looking at Katskin, consider Alcantera inserts, they are cooler when it's hot and warm when its cold. Plus it loos great and in very durable.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends where you are. I live inReno, the high desert, yes its worth it.

Of looking at Katskin, consider Alcantera inserts, they are cooler when it's hot and warm when its cold. Plus it loos great and in very durable.
Alcantera is not any cooler, thats completely untrue. Katzkin doesnt offer alcantera anyhow (alcantara is a brand name for a synthetic microfiber suede) synthetic suedes like that wear very poorly over time, unfortunately. Katzkin is an ok product, similar to roadwire, leatherseats.com, etc. Ive installed them all. Katzkins cooling product is kind of a gimmick. Id not waste time or money. Heat is worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep