K & N Cold air intake, Does it work as advertised?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruby Roo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 6.2L engine. I put the K&N cold air intake on my 2008 GMC Sierra and noticed a big difference and love it, both gas mileage and power. My question is with the larger intake on the Yukon XL will the K&N system really make any difference?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put it on my Tahoe and the only difference I truly noticed was the increased growl of the engine under acceleration. Otherwise I saw no tangible MPG increase and the butt in the seat dyno didn’t really notice much.

There is a thread in the performance section where Black Bear did a performance comparison of a lot of the common CAI for these trucks. Might want to check that out.

yesac

Reaction score
It makes it pretty noisy, a little too much for my taste. I have the stainless steel one. Probably going to remove it and go back to factory.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
no. Not enough for noticeable gains in hp or mpg by itself. You may feel it be slightly more responsive. With a tune it would make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd