Just to say Hello and Thanks for some of the replys here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a 72 year old gear head with 20w50 blood type. My love is drag racing and the yukon XL gets me there. I like building Mark4 BBC 1100 plus HP NA motors to 10,000 RPMs and clutch 4 speed trans. I do my own chassis work and 4 link system always upgrading my Chevelle SS
Use to have a shop years ago but it didnot pan out very well. someday ill get a pole barn and have someplace to continue my efforts. Finally was able to find and afford this yukon with nice towing package that is what i was looking for. Over the yeaars i tried keeping up with OBD1-2 and new tech and i learn fast with your younger techs help. I have a bunch of little things to get done on yukon yet but everything is now reliable with drive train and emissions. Thanks with past help EVERYONE.

I will have to ask some more questions on body parts as my Yukon is a rust bucket, from Cal. but rotted by the midwest weather.

I will post in exterior pages for help. I hope this message finds everyone in good health and good spirits.

Douglas

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

There are a number of us here who are within 5 years of your age. :)

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia Douglas. Be sure to share some of your knowledge as well. Pictures of the Chevelle too, including the motor.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. I once built a 460 Ford for my jet boat back in the late 70’s with Super Cobra Jet heads and a Weiand 6-71 blower. That was a bad ass boat. I used to love that old school stuff but I probably couldn’t even get one to run anymore lol. Nice to have you here on the forum.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Doug from good ol’ Southern Indiana!

Stock suspension drag radial racer here also and just like you have started to go down the rabbit hole on my Tahoe. Good luck brother.

Shannon

OP
OP
Douglas Friedberg

Douglas Friedberg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for
Just a 72 year old gear head with 20w50 blood type. My love is drag racing and the yukon XL gets me there. I like building Mark4 BBC 1100 plus HP NA motors to 10,000 RPMs and clutch 4 speed trans. I do my own chassis work and 4 link system always upgrading my Chevelle SS
Use to have a shop years ago but it didnot pan out very well. someday ill get a pole barn and have someplace to continue my efforts. Finally was able to find and afford this yukon with nice towing package that is what i was looking for. Over the yeaars i tried keeping up with OBD1-2 and new tech and i learn fast with your younger techs help. I have a bunch of little things to get done on yukon yet but everything is now reliable with drive train and emissions. Thanks with past help EVERYONE.

I will have to ask some more questions on body parts as my Yukon is a rust bucket, from Cal. but rotted by the midwest weather.

I will post in exterior pages for help. I hope this message finds everyone in good health and good spirits.

Douglas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues