Just stopped by to test drive a new Tahoe, ended up leaving with this thing....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think I could have ordered a more perfect one for myself. The one I snagged off the lot doesn't have a sliding or moving center console, it has manual folding seats in back not power and it also doesn't have the air adaptive suspension (which I would have avoided due to reliability concerns). The only thing I probably would have changed if I ordered it was not getting the panoramic sunroof. To me that is something that is prone to leakage but I still think I can live with it.

Now I've gotta find the best floor liners to keep the salt and mud out of the carpets.

Attachments

• 20210715_164323.jpg
    20210715_164323.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 12

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I cringed when I bought my 05 a year ago when I saw the sun/moon roof. I saw no leak evidence anywhere and it worked perfectly. I inspected rubber real close. I have since bought what GM recommends and lubed all rubber seals, doors and hatch and windows and the roof. That is key to keeping rubber softer and seals better.

OP
OP
M

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cringed when I bought my 05 a year ago when I saw the sun/moon roof. I saw no leak evidence anywhere and it worked perfectly. I inspected rubber real close. I have since bought what GM recommends and lubed all rubber seals, doors and hatch and windows and the roof. That is key to keeping rubber softer and seals better.
Nice.ill have to get some I've used silicone lubricant on previous vehicle door sills and such.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Your owner's manual will list what to use and I got it at Amazon with the GM part #.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig! Looks amazing in white.

VAguy68

Reaction score
I put a ton of miles on my vehicles and I've never had a Tahoe before but everyone I know who has owned one has put a bunch of miles on them with little issue. As posted above, I wanted as few electronics and gizmos as possible as that is what ultimately failed in my previous F150 Platinum. My Z71 is almost perfect. The only thing I wish it didn't have (bought it off the lot) was the sunroof. Every panoramic roof I've had (Ford, Jeep) have been problematic. Hoping this one stays trouble free. I would have loved the 6.2 but really didn't need that for what I do. The 5.3 is a proven motor so that's why I settled on it. I'm averaging 19 mpg for the last 450 miles and couldn't really ask for more than that.

Funny thing is is that I get more looks and questions with this thing than I do with my 2015 Corvette Z06! LOL

OP
OP
M

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a ton of miles on my vehicles and I've never had a Tahoe before but everyone I know who has owned one has put a bunch of miles on them with little issue. As posted above, I wanted as few electronics and gizmos as possible as that is what ultimately failed in my previous F150 Platinum. My Z71 is almost perfect. The only thing I wish it didn't have (bought it off the lot) was the sunroof. Every panoramic roof I've had (Ford, Jeep) have been problematic. Hoping this one stays trouble free. I would have loved the 6.2 but really didn't need that for what I do. The 5.3 is a proven motor so that's why I settled on it. I'm averaging 19 mpg for the last 450 miles and couldn't really ask for more than that.

Funny thing is is that I get more looks and questions with this thing than I do with my 2015 Corvette Z06! LOL
This whole collapsing Lifter issue is starting to worry me though! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne