Just Showing Off: Satin Steel XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been on the forum for a couple weeks, since I picked up my Satin Steel Yukon XL. Figured I should put up a couple pics.

I’ve since added the all weather mats, Illuminated front emblem, puddle lights, and weather tech no drill mud flaps. When I get a chance I’ll put pics up of those mods in this thread.

Attachments

• 223DA055-7D20-4E17-91C7-E7B02FA56B37.jpeg
    223DA055-7D20-4E17-91C7-E7B02FA56B37.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 530DDD55-1B17-42B7-923C-B6EE928E6C51.jpeg
    530DDD55-1B17-42B7-923C-B6EE928E6C51.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 44
  • F2208A6D-FD46-42FB-A8F9-671656971061.jpeg
    F2208A6D-FD46-42FB-A8F9-671656971061.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 43

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice vehicle, the Denali has the nicest interior of them all, IMO. That Satin Steel looks so much better in your pics than the GM builder ones.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been on the forum for a couple weeks, since I picked up my Satin Steel Yukon XL. Figured I should put up a couple pics.

I’ve since added the all weather mats, Illuminated front emblem, puddle lights, and weather tech no drill mud flaps. When I get a chance I’ll put pics up of those mods in this thread.
Where’d you end up buying the illuminated emblem? I tried ordering from my dealer on Monday and was told it’s gonna be a while before they come back in stock

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! What are your likes/dislikes so far?
I should have mentioned the options...I basically ordered the Denali Reserve Package before that was a thing. Its the Denali Premium Package + Max Trailering + Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response 4WD.

Love the 6.2 power, love how quiet it is, and the ride is amazing. Love the infotainment system, ride is amazing. Fuel economy is as good or better than the 5.3 Suburban LTZ I traded in, so that feels like a win. Love the lower load height and not having to remove rear seats. Love the look of the light shale interior. I am going to love the air ride suspension when I get my boat out of storage, and when I head down some of those not so great roads to get to my fishing spots in Canada.

Dislikes: Feel like there may still be a few software bugs in this new infotainment system and instrument cluster (see my thread about the "Service Instrument Cluster"). I did buy the cargo shade, and it has a distinct metallic rattle over fairly stout bumps...kind of annoying, but it can be removed and left in the garage if needed. Concerned about keeping light shale interior from experiencing dye transfer from my blue jeans I wear daily. So far any has wiped off w/ a damp cloth...but...odometer only at 650 miles.

So far its awesome, taking a road trip w/ wife, and 2 other couples this weekend, will have a better opinion to report next week.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned the options...I basically ordered the Denali Reserve Package before that was a thing. Its the Denali Premium Package + Max Trailering + Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response 4WD.

Concerned about keeping light shale interior from experiencing dye transfer from my blue jeans I wear daily. So far any has wiped off w/ a damp cloth...but...odometer only at 650 miles.
That’s exactly the same setup I went with, just got the shorty instead of the XL. I didn’t want or need rear seat entertainment since I dont have any kids, and worst case can throw an iPad back there if I ever have passengers on a long trip.

I’m also concerned with the light shale, it’s gorgeous but I always wear jeans and already had to clean with leather cleaner after 150ish miles

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Light Shale is just going to be that way. I haven’t pulled out the Miguires 3in1 Good leather yet, but I’m close. Probably need some protectant on it.

Don’t care, I hate black interiors, and the Ash/Dark Walnut was too brown with the Satin Steele.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts