Just saw this black bear video versus stock quarter mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJMac1071

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay guys, just called my father in law who races Top Dragster dials in at 6.40ish.... Just let me no that you guys were right.....1/4 mile time calculates The 1/4 regardless of reaction time... I learned something today. Thank you all for being patient. Now I think the Blackbear tune did a nice job over that stock tune in that 1 video sample....
Why would they all be lying to you?? You have no business coming on to a forum, acting like a jack wagon to people and laughing at them when youu have no clue, then you come back and tell them you call you father in-law because you didn't believe all 5 of them because you think they are paid by BB or something! They were very patient and to tolerant!

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would they all be lying to you?? You have no business coming on to a forum, acting like a jack wagon to people and laughing at them when youu have no clue, then you come back and tell them you call you father in-law because you didn't believe all 5 of them because you think they are paid by BB or something! They were very patient and to tolerant!

Hey Jackwagon, didn't think they were lying, but jackwagon, thought maybe they didn't understand my point. It's cleared up now Jackwagon. Thanks for your angry post....gave me a good laugh.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never based a tune's value upon 1/4 mile times. Too many variables.
If anything after a complete build on a prior vehicle I had, my times were most disappointing as I had to practice to apply the new found power.
For me it was always proven on the dyno. Those are the numbers that matter to me.
In addition to be better transmission shifting, AFM delete, etc.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never based a tune's value upon 1/4 mile times. Too many variables.
If anything after a complete build on a prior vehicle I had, my times were most disappointing as I had to practice to apply the new found power.
For me it was always proven on the dyno. Those are the numbers that matter to me.
In addition to be better transmission shifting, AFM delete, etc.

When I used to race regularly, we did not have access to a dyno. So we measured our performance gains from the modififcations based on our ET and MPH and in my opinion is a more accurate and real world way to measure them. One has to be disciplined though when testing this way, keeping the car at the same weight, same fuel, adjusting for outside air temperature, tires, etc. The most important aspect is to only make ONE CHANGE AT A TIME and get at least three passes down the track to see what, if anything, the modification did.

Dyno stands can and do get out of calibration and one can take the same car to three different dynos and get varying results.

Take your race weight, the trap speed and plug it into a math formula and you will know your actual rear wheel horsepower.

The dyno is a great tool to use for programming and certainly costs less in time and money for testing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu