Just saw this black bear video versus stock quarter mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
.5 a second may not be shit on the strip but it will help you get around town quicker lol

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. What was 7798?

S/C'd charger iirc, there's a lot of camaros, mustangs, vettes, hellcats that run right in the 12-10 second range for test and tune.
The other run was against a Durango RT with intake, exhaust, and tune...i should have him covered next time I find him
I usually try and line up against another truck or stock-ish 4cyl import, about everyone's cool tho it's all fun

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The general rule I've always known is it takes 10HP to gain 1/10 of a second. I don't believe that tune alone netted 50HP, but it could've removed lag from the electronic throttle's response, removed torque management, etc. which would apply whatever power the engine had (even if stock HP) slightly quicker, helping to achieve such results.

An honest half a second just from a tune is quite a notable gain.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were so focused on being a speedster, the Tahoe is close to the last vehicle I'd own...and I'd still be tuning my old Challenger instead. lol

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a sickness lol

No delusions of it being that fast really, just can't leave anything alone.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were so focused on being a speedster, the Tahoe is close to the last vehicle I'd own...and I'd still be tuning my old Challenger instead. lol

Agreed. A good custom tune is primarily for cleaning up the stock tune: the confused shift tables, erratic electronic throttle responses, overly-protective torque management, etc. These don't necessarily create more power, they allow the power the engine has to be better utilized. Of course, extra power can be created with the tune because there is some to be had by adjusting the fuel and timing maps, even more so if the engine has been modified (optimizing the tune for the mods). I think it should be viewed as "letting your Tahoe be all it can be" instead of "let's see how fast I can make my Tahoe with a tune".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442