Just pulled the trigger on 2011 Denali XL what should I add?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nice pull on the truck. Acres of black paint that’s practically immune from door dings makes black one of my favorite colors.

Amazon is the quickest and easiest way to get the headphones and remote for the system. The majority of the sellers list the compatibility pretty accurately. If possible find a version that had a wired headphone port built in. It enables the rear occupants to plug into the front head unit to access and control AM, FM, XM, CD / MP3 & the hard drive, if equipped through the small display screen at the back of the center console.

Hit the OnStar button and ask for an advisor. Get a free 90 day subscription to get you the free lock out / unlock, jump start, towing and directions fed into the DIC / Speedo display or directly into the Navi unit itself. They’ll give you a free cell # and a few 100 min too for asking. Call SiriusXM and get a free trial. There’s still a promo for $99 for 3 years if you insist enough.

Hmm ... 2011. I wonder if you have a hard drive based Navi unit? Does your back up camera have the lines the curve when the wheel turns & “i” button on the unit? If so, this Navi unit is a huge plus.

https://www.gm-navigation.com/shop/2007-14-gmc-hard-disk-drive-hdd-factory-navigation-system/

* Get your fluids changed if there’s no history
* Add the HVAC filter kit.
* Add sunshade ASAP if no dash cracking
* Make a friend at a paint shop to remedy clear coat
* Got remote start? Regardless buy 2nd and / or 3rd key & fob. Sucks to pay gouge prices when keys are lost. Amazon may sell OBD kit to program both.
* OEM type Mud flaps. Look good & saves paint.
* Have tire shop pull spare tire and lube the mech to ensure it’s not seized and tire isn’t trashed.
* Buy mechanics gloves, plastic tarp and blanket to stuff in rear jack compartment. Verify there’s a complete jack in there. The tarp is to keep u off snow / ice / mud and wrap flat tire in so u can bug out. OEM jack sucks but better that nothing in the sticks.
* Enjoy, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the family you made really happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Husky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice truck. I got one very similar. You will love it. I've had zero problems with mine other than just doing regular and preventative maintenance

20200121_132509.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf