Just Ordered!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the more hp/ta will get you down the road more quickly.

But where the BB tune shines, in my opinion, is the overall enhanced drivability factor, whether you’re in stop-n-go traffic or highway driving or driving through your neighborhood. Your truck is just about always in the right gear, at the right time. The engine makes the most of the trans, and vice versa.

Just damn good.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are gonna want to put some brakes on it after the tune :) I did the Baer on mine, huge difference..

I had my 6.2 Tahoe tuned at Nelson Performance in San Antonio and it was day & night in the overall performance.

In fact I just washed it and did a quick detail and it looked so good, I had to go for a quick 5 mile run..what a hoot!!!

After 25 years of racing, this is the perfect Geezer Hot Rod :cool: Go Fast In Comfort!!

Have fun and watch out for the local popo..cause you will not be able to keep your foot out of it..

Thirdcoast

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done with a 25 minute run with all sorts of driving conditions. Got some back roads, stop and go, and highway driving. I think I used pretty much all throttle positions too. I'm going to try and email the files this evening. I am getting super excited.

...Thirdcoast, I can already tell.my front brakes and rotors are going to need upgraded soon, just in stock form, trying to stop too many times in a hurry and the rotors don't sound happy.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to ask, but where should have the torque management set to? I have searched and it seems most agree the 6L80 needs some TM, but I'm leaning towards 50/50

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a 0 - 60 with the stock tune. I live in Colorado and this video was taken at 5000 ft above sea level. I sent my files in very late Tuesday evening, once I get the tune, I will update with a new video. The only Mods I have are an airaid mit, and dual batteries.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my tune files late last night, so during my lunch break I uploaded the files. Unfortunately, it snowed all of last night a d morning, so I haven't been able to really play. However, from what I have found is throttle response is IMMEDIATE, and the shifts are perfect. Once the snow melts, I'll upload a new 0 - 60 video. Thanks again to Blackbear!!

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to take a new video yet, due to christmas travels. I left from Colorado saturday morning, and just got to my parents house in Pennsylvania. I got 2 tanks of a little over 400 miles, the worst tank was 370 miles, that was due to the 75-80mph states with heavy head winds. Now that I'm at sea level, it pulls even harder, and was getting 18mpg in town. I'll get videos as soon as I can.

riderlak1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
...Thirdcoast, I can already tell.my front brakes and rotors are going to need upgraded soon, just in stock form, trying to stop too many times in a hurry and the rotors don't sound happy.

I had the same issue on my 2011 Yukon. A couple of times a year I pull a 16 foot car hauler trailer (have a Tekonsha brake control installed) and also upgraded to 2016 GMC 20'' wheels...so I wanted some upgraded stopping power. I went with the Power Stop Extreme Z36 big brake kit and love it! Super smooth pedal feel, nice firm bite, and no noise or dust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts