Just inherited a 2007 Tahoe LS, and I feel fancy. Interior swap advice sought.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliginousRival

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

I'm brand new here. I'm also brand new to the domain of anything involving this level of tinkering / customization with vehicles, but very willing and eager to learn.

To make a long story short, a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS with under 50K miles has come to me by way of inheritance. I had been looking to get into a 2013 Suburban, but "basically free" is kind of a hard deal to pass up ... plus it provides a lot of room to do the kinds of things I'm interested in trying in terms of acquiring parts and paying professionals when needed to get things done.

I've been studying the 07 - 14 Suburban / Tahoe / Avalanche / Yukon XL / Yukon / Escalade / Escalade ESV for a while now. The main question that I want to ask is: when it comes to interior components, trim, etc., exactly how much of this is "relatively easy" to swap / mix / match? I expect that swapping out seats is probably pretty easy ... but what about things like door panels, consoles, dashes, etc.?

I'm very interested in stealing almost everything I can from an Escalade interior ... but I obviously don't want to buy anything that is "literally impossible" to move between vehicles. If I have cash to burn and am very willing to part with it, is it realistically possible to completely refit the interior with an Escalade Platinum's? Do certain year differences create problems?

Are there any alternative high end aftermarket interior components that are popular with the community / recommended?

Any general guidance would be greatly appreciated. The vision that I have for this project is to try to blend luxury with ruggedness ... but I figure this is probably the most sensible place to start this journey.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly it's not worth the time and hassle, you would need to change everything down the wiring harness to make many things work, if you are sitting on a 07 with only 50k that's going to give you many years of use already if you really like the Escalade that much better then sell the 07 and buy a esky and save yourself a lot of time, headache and frustration.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

I'm brand new here. I'm also brand new to the domain of anything involving this level of tinkering / customization with vehicles, but very willing and eager to learn.

To make a long story short, a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS with under 50K miles has come to me by way of inheritance. I had been looking to get into a 2013 Suburban, but "basically free" is kind of a hard deal to pass up ... plus it provides a lot of room to do the kinds of things I'm interested in trying in terms of acquiring parts and paying professionals when needed to get things done.

I've been studying the 07 - 14 Suburban / Tahoe / Avalanche / Yukon XL / Yukon / Escalade / Escalade ESV for a while now. The main question that I want to ask is: when it comes to interior components, trim, etc., exactly how much of this is "relatively easy" to swap / mix / match? I expect that swapping out seats is probably pretty easy ... but what about things like door panels, consoles, dashes, etc.?

I'm very interested in stealing almost everything I can from an Escalade interior ... but I obviously don't want to buy anything that is "literally impossible" to move between vehicles. If I have cash to burn and am very willing to part with it, is it realistically possible to completely refit the interior with an Escalade Platinum's? Do certain year differences create problems?

Are there any alternative high end aftermarket interior components that are popular with the community / recommended?

Any general guidance would be greatly appreciated. The vision that I have for this project is to try to blend luxury with ruggedness ... but I figure this is probably the most sensible place to start this journey.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
You can get leather seat covers and you can add options to the truck but it is tedious and like Wes said, requires new wiring and computer modules and programming as well.

An LS is a simple car without much to break or service, enjoy it for what it is or turn it into a hot rod project since the price was right. Photos?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seats, door panels, steering wheel, folding mirrors should all be pretty simple.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

My 2 cents agrees with the comments above. If you want an Esky interior, then buy an Esky.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I got my Escalade parts for free from a buddy I robbed the roof racks and all the interior (door panels plastics door sills gauge cluster shifter etc) everything but the seats dash and console because I like the Ltz style better just wanted to get rid of the tan interior for the black. As far as how hard? Not bad I done it with a broke foot by myself took about two days to strip two days to install all with a basic socket set and a good torx bit set everything bolted right up in my Tahoe. If you have the LT interior I don’t know if that is like in my work truck but to swap out for the Ltz or esky door panels you just have to swap the door handle cables I believe everything else will bolt up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094