Just got a 2004 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum, and your truck looks like it is in excellent condition.

The folks here are great resources for information and recommendations, based upon personal experience, and they are more than willing to share their experiences.

I just ordered a Tech 2, based upon the recommendations of folks here, and I am awaiting its delivery.

Whenever you have specific questions, fire away, and I'm sure that you will receive the answers that you need. I know that I have.

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather tech mats are awesome little pricey though. If you do change the case fluid you will need the autotrac 2 fluid as far as I know it can only be bought at the dealer and there is no substitute for it at the parts store. At least as of a year and a half ago when I last changed mine

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The Auto-Trak ll AC Delco fluid #10-4017 is available at Amazon Prime for $5.87 a quart with free delivery for Prime members. Have no idea what it sells for at the dealer.

OP
OP
M

Mortimer452

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just talked to the last few shops he used for oil changes, sounds like it's been getting a mix of 5W30 synthetic or conventional over most of its life, depending which shop did the work. 5W30 synthetic "house brand" from a local shop is what's in it right now.

I haven't noticed any oil burning or dripping since the last oil change in ~500 miles, probably just gonna stick with synthetic from here on out. I use Mobile 1 5W30 full synthetic in my wife's Nissan, probably will use the same in the Yukon.

Do I need to worry about anything transmission-wise at around 100k? I've driven stickshifts most of my life, but it's been my experience most automatics start wearing out between 100k and 150k miles. We had a 2001 Suburban several years ago, I seem to remember the tranny on it went out around 125k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505