Just bought a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Peter Tremonti
Reaction score
More things that happened today. I replaced all of the peanut bulbs in the headlights and tail lights (168 bulbs I think). I noticed the driver's side brake light wasn't working. Decided to check the bulbs and found out all 3 bulbs on the driver's side were dimmer than the right. Pulled the bulbs to check them and found after removing the top bulb, all the running lights died... Found a bad repair on the body side of the harness and fixed it. Put the tail light in before testing (because that's how you fix things right?) Bulbs were still dim. It looks like somebody bypassed the connector ground wire all together previously and they didn't fix it after fixing it poorly on the body side of the harness (it pulled out and didn't have any heatshrink either). Anyways... wiring is fixed and all the bulbs are working again.

I glued in the mounting screws in the license plate bulb holder panel since they were all spun out of the housing and it was rattling like crazy. Also replaced the glass release button since it had already fallen apart

I just remembered there's a thread for "what did you do with your vehicle today" so I'm going to put this in there too.

OP
OP
Peter Tremonti
Reaction score
Detailing this thing has taken some time. Had to buy an extractor as I killed the pump in my vacuum carpet scrubber thing. No telling how much more mud is in the carpets and seats, but after 4 passes over the entire floor, the water started coming out almost clear but the dirty bucket still looked like chocolate milk. Took out the front seats to clean underneath. Glad I did because there was at least $3 worth of change in the seat rails and below the seats.

Finally got to drive it after the oil change. Still seems to be misfiring at idle, but it goes away after 1,000 RPM. I need to test compression I think. I already swapped plugs 7->5, wires 7->3, and coil 7->1. No difference. Still missing on cylinder 7 around idle.

I noticed a few thing while driving today. The rear glass seems to like popping open randomly and when any door is opened or closed. It's like whenever the car has to think about doing something it just unlatches the rear glass. Even sometimes when locking with the remote it pops open the glass.

When i turn on the turn signals (left or right doesn't matter) the corresponding turn signal light in the dash lights up but only sometimes do I hear the clicking noise that goes along with it. Also, when i was sitting at a light it seemed like every 10th blink, the indicator om the dash would either stay on for 2 blinks or disappear for 2 blinks with no specific pattern. There are faults in the BCM for loss of communication with the cluster. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

I tried to see with the scan tool if the door module could see the driver's window swirch was being pressed. I was able to get into the module and saw it only had 10.5: getting to it. I assumed it was because I was sitting in the car with the key on so I started the engine and couldn't get back onto the door module. More problems to diagnose.

Also the airbag light has come on for some reason I haven't checked on yet (this was before the seats were removed).

Anyways, getting some tires put on tomorrow morning so I will be distracting myself with another project at work in the meantime.

20200528_121806.jpg

OP
OP
Peter Tremonti
Reaction score
Noticed something tonight when I was going to leave the house tonight. Besides the missing low beam bulb on the passenger's side and the blown low beam on the driver's side that is.

I made 3 videos because I can't edit them together on my phone. I saw the lights on the top rear were on very dim and seemed to be getting dimmer by the time I pulled my phone out. Sorry for the darkness in the videos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peter Tremonti
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a new part to solder into the board in the BCM and see what happens. Should be here in the next week to month and a half. Ever since the alarm went off at midnight and I unhooked the battery overnight, it hasn't happened any more. Not sure still what's going on with it.

Original thread for tailgate glass issues. Not sure what the pin controls still, but it'll be fixed soon enough.

I decided to try and diagnose the window issue I'm having with the scanner available to me. I can see in the door module that the window switch for the driver's front window is showing all of the different positions are working and show up on the scanner. I may need to check the wiring between the switch and the motor next.

20200603_114256.jpg20200603_114349.jpg 20200603_114351.jpg 20200603_114352.jpg 20200603_114354.jpg
aRBZ69xE1cnjSzBk8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts