Just bought a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 Yukon that needs a bunch of work. Glass was broken out of the right rear quarter but it came with the "new" replacement that I've already installed. I ordered tires and oxygen sensors to replace the ones the previous owner left out because they were bad. Seems like it might have a misfire at idle, but there's no flashing CEL. There is a fault for the cam/crank sync not being performed or something I don't remember exactly at the moment. Here's hoping a detail and some new parts will make it a worth driver.

It wasn't that expensive and I don't mind doing my own work on the thing so it's all good.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Peter!

Sounds like your are getting your Yukon back online very quickly. Just post any questions you have in the 2007 section. Thank you.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH.

Please post some pics of your new-to-you truck when you get a chance.

Lots of great folks here, who freely share their knowledge, experiences and perspectives.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 Yukon that needs a bunch of work. Glass was broken out of the right rear quarter but it came with the "new" replacement that I've already installed. I ordered tires and oxygen sensors to replace the ones the previous owner left out because they were bad. Seems like it might have a misfire at idle, but there's no flashing CEL. There is a fault for the cam/crank sync not being performed or something I don't remember exactly at the moment. Here's hoping a detail and some new parts will make it a worth driver.

It wasn't that expensive and I don't mind doing my own work on the thing so it's all good.

Welcome Pete! Get yourself a bi-directional scan tool like the Tech-2 if you don't already have one. it will save you a ton of time and money trying to make things right on that old girl.

OP
OP
Peter Tremonti
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of responses! Thanks for the words of encouragement everybody. I'll update my signature soon after I take some pictures. Here's some pictures of the vehicle so far.

20200506_085947.jpg 20200506_090015.jpg 20200511_153050.jpg 20200511_161737.jpg 20200511_163013.jpg

It's already been vacuumed out but not washed as the driver's window regulator isn't working. I found a pipe cutter (yes a cutter and not a clamp) holding the window up. The last guy I guess couldn't figure it out and disconnected the regulator to push the glass up and used a cutter to keep it in place. Looks like the motor isn't getting power on the left front. All the other buttons work. I'm trying to figure that out at the moment but I'm assuming a bad switch based on the wiring diagram I saw.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of responses! Thanks for the words of encouragement everybody. I'll update my signature soon after I take some pictures. Here's some pictures of the vehicle so far.

View attachment 247904 View attachment 247905 View attachment 247906 View attachment 247907 View attachment 247908

It's already been vacuumed out but not washed as the driver's window regulator isn't working. I found a pipe cutter (yes a cutter and not a clamp) holding the window up. The last guy I guess couldn't figure it out and disconnected the regulator to push the glass up and used a cutter to keep it in place. Looks like the motor isn't getting power on the left front. All the other buttons work. I'm trying to figure that out at the moment but I'm assuming a bad switch based on the wiring diagram I saw.
You can confirm the motor operates by applying 12v to it directly, just a heads up depending on your vehicle options a replacement drivers door switch may require programming if you go with a used switch try to find one from a vehicle with the same or better options.

OP
OP
Peter Tremonti
Reaction score
You can confirm the motor operates by applying 12v to it directly, just a heads up depending on your vehicle options a replacement drivers door switch may require programming if you go with a used switch try to find one from a vehicle with the same or better options.

I just saw the notes for reprogramming on the GMpartsdirect website. It only says it for vehicles with power folding mirrors which I don't have. The motor works when I put power to it too. I'll see if there are any faults in the door module when I get a chance. Probably on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh