Jumped back on the GM wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragginNCrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well. Me and the wife use to have a 02 Tahoe Z71. Liked the vehicle but too much for just two of us. Well we sold that and less than a year later we got pregnant with twins... (wish I would have kept the Tahoe now). So upon the now double size family we purchased a Ford Flex. Which was a good vehicle until you get into forward facing car seats and can no longer sue the third row. We decided that we needed more space and bus would do the trick. So we picked up a low mileage used 2016 GMC Yukon XL. Had 22k on it. Just got it this past week. It’s pretty nice but is a SLE model and didn’t come with leather which isn’t a big deal to me but apparently nobody wants a Yukon without leather so I got a killer deal on it. Already started ordering parts for it and doing upgrades. First stop.... Tint Shop!!!! F124D202-0F8D-4F89-9D6E-7FE95BEAB433.png
When we picked it up from the dealer.

4 days later... murdered
43111173-1FB9-4285-82CC-11CF81663A80.jpeg
All ceramic tint, 50% windshield, 35% doors, and 5% everything else

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. Me and the wife use to have a 02 Tahoe Z71. Liked the vehicle but too much for just two of us. Well we sold that and less than a year later we got pregnant with twins... (wish I would have kept the Tahoe now). So upon the now double size family we purchased a Ford Flex. Which was a good vehicle until you get into forward facing car seats and can no longer sue the third row. We decided that we needed more space and bus would do the trick. So we picked up a low mileage used 2016 GMC Yukon XL. Had 22k on it. Just got it this past week. It’s pretty nice but is a SLE model and didn’t come with leather which isn’t a big deal to me but apparently nobody wants a Yukon without leather so I got a killer deal on it. Already started ordering parts for it and doing upgrades. First stop.... Tint Shop!!!! View attachment 209690
When we picked it up from the dealer.

4 days later... murdered
View attachment 209692
All ceramic tint, 50% windshield, 35% doors, and 5% everything else

Congratulations. I love the look on you’re XL. Did it come with the chrome delete or did you do it? Also, how was it done, wrapped, painted? Looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dragginNCrds

dragginNCrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a full black billet grill. My wife hates the red gmc logo on the front. It’s the only color on the outside. And other than that we have twin 2 year olds. The cloth Dosent bother me right now as it’s black interior but yea I will eventually put a leather kit in. I use to do auto upholstery so I’ll jusy do it myself when I have time. As for other mods. I haven’t decided yet. I want to do LED headlights and fogs. These halogen projectors are junk

OP
OP
dragginNCrds

dragginNCrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was blacked out when I got it. It was all painted but some pieces are starting to peel so some will be redone. I ordered a new grill shell that will be painted body color. I need to find new fog light surrounds as well as I want to smooth and paint the entire bucket and not just the chrome ring. It was done decently though. Everything looks to be holding up well besides the grill. And then the 2 pieces behind each back door.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a full black billet grill. My wife hates the red gmc logo on the front. It’s the only color on the outside. And other than that we have twin 2 year olds. The cloth Dosent bother me right now as it’s black interior but yea I will eventually put a leather kit in. I use to do auto upholstery so I’ll jusy do it myself when I have time. As for other mods. I haven’t decided yet. I want to do LED headlights and fogs. These halogen projectors are junk

Cool. Where did you order the grill from? Also it looks like the chrome trim around the windows was blacked out too?

OP
OP
dragginNCrds

dragginNCrds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool. Where did you order the grill from? Also it looks like the chrome trim around the windows was blacked out too?

I ordered a used take off factory surround to have repainted body color off eBay and then my dad is a accessory dealer so I ordered a t-Rex powercoated black full billet grill from him

And yea all the chrome on the truck has been painted black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins