Journey has started.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvande

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just adding my personal experience to the mix. When my Yukon build was accepted by GM (4 weeks ago on Friday) that morning the chat said that my order had not officially been accepted by GM. That same evening, my dealer called and informed me that it had been accepted. I immediately checked the chat and it said my order has been accepted by GM and is moving towards the production process.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just adding my personal experience to the mix. When my Yukon build was accepted by GM (4 weeks ago on Friday) that morning the chat said that my order had not officially been accepted by GM. That same evening, my dealer called and informed me that it had been accepted. I immediately checked the chat and it said my order has been accepted by GM and is moving towards the production process.
The 'bot' can be behind. But an advisor should be able to get you up to date information.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW - I had an actual advisor via chat tell me that my "Order had been accepted and was moving toward the production process." It got me excited because when they say that, it usually coincides with event code 2000. Before that advisors and the chat bot all told me "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but not yet accepted by GM." (1100).

I checked three more times after that and got an advisor which told me the 1100 message and the chat bot twice which also told me the 1100 message. A text to my dealer a day later told me I was still at 1100. Advisors are probably the more accurate source of information in the process, but they can give out wrong information too.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: have an ETA of December 28th

GTPace500

Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer hasn't gotten an allocation yet for the particular build that you have (and specific options). Maybe something you want is on constraint? All I know is that you won't move to "3000" until your dealer has an allocation for your specific build and submits it in one of their Tuesday night ordering cycles. What is your dealer telling you?
It's a large volume dealer in Jersey. I originally had a Tahoe Premier 6.2 order out with the largest volume dealer on Long Island, but after 10 months, I started branching out. Matter of fact, this dealer came as a recommendation from someone on this forum. They for certain have the allocation. Dealer is basically stating same thing as GM virtual chat and GM chat advisor

GTPace500

Reaction score
Mine was 2030 for a few weeks then went into accepted. Don't give up yet. Look at my history in this post.
That's why I was replying =p I'm hopeful, but after waiting 12 months on a Tahoe Premier 6.2 that hasn't budged, I'm getting desperate/disappointed.

jvande

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update from the dealership this morning is that my Yukon is at the Dallas railyard awaiting shipment. They're also sending me my window sticker today.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: NEW ETA 12/25
Event code still 4200

MoonTruck

Reaction score
It's a large volume dealer in Jersey. I originally had a Tahoe Premier 6.2 order out with the largest volume dealer on Long Island, but after 10 months, I started branching out. Matter of fact, this dealer came as a recommendation from someone on this forum. They for certain have the allocation. Dealer is basically stating same thing as GM virtual chat and GM chat advisor
What dealer did you order from if you don’t mind me asking. And how do you determine the volume? Just by how many vehicles they add to their fleet a week?

I called about 12 dealers before I made my order in April. Only 3 willing to sell a custom order for MSRP, everyone else was 2.5k to 10k over. For a spot in line to order….

I ended up ordering from McGuire. MSRP + Doc fee.

2nd option was Performance, they seem to get an lot of Yukon allocations. The guy in charge of their orders, Alex, is an awesome guy. Upfront no BS or nonsense I wanted to order from them just because of my experience with him.

However I went into this with the goal of just numbers and no emotion. Performance ended up being just over 1k more for the order due to their higher doc fee and mandatory add-ons which I think were an etch and something else, can’t recall. When I checked in again later with them after waiting some months they had gone to adding market adjustments again. So that crossed them off.

I understand supply and demand realities but to charge over MSRP for something you are ordering and willing to wait for is nuts. I know GM has a crappy order process which pits you against the dealers and their allocations. But they are still making a killing by selling at MSRP.

My TPW is currently 1/2/2023.
Denali XL 3.0 Duramax, ACC, Air suspension, Pano roof, Max Tow.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes