Joining the club: 2011 'burb LTZ, some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. Just purchased a High Mileage 2012 Tahoe Z71 and just started to begin the maintenance of the fluids. I had the car fax report so I had a good idea of the vehicles history before buying it and all the fluids have been changed multiple times. It really shows in this truck. It feels more like it has 20K miles rather than 143K. I just read about your needing the transmission, although that isn't what you would hope for, at least you will be getting one big potential problem with high mileage truck out of the way.

Ya, it’s sucks, but not the end of the world. I budgeted for some substantial repairs, but didn’t expect to need to burn this much on just one.

But ya, it will be good to not have to worry about it for a while.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, he might not need a whole transmission overhaul, maybe just the TECM. Waiting for him to dust off his trusty new scan tool and go talk to the transmission! LOL

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matters not, truck is at the dealer getting a new transmission. They pulled the pan and it was full of metal, so truck is getting a new tranny.

We will try out the scan tool when she gets back. :).

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Burb has a new transmission now!.

It was a painful bill to pay, but she is driving great.

Attempted to put new motor mounts in, that didn't go so well. Got the driver side done after lots of busted knuckles and cursing. 4wd makes this overly complicated. We didn't even attempt the passenger side, couldn't see a way to do it without pulling the exhaust manifold.

Still no chance to try the scan tool. Been overly cold and rainy here. Boo. Maybe this weekend.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Burb has a new transmission now!.

It was a painful bill to pay, but she is driving great.

Attempted to put new motor mounts in, that didn't go so well. Got the driver side done after lots of busted knuckles and cursing. 4wd makes this overly complicated. We didn't even attempt the passenger side, couldn't see a way to do it without pulling the exhaust manifold.

Still no chance to try the scan tool. Been overly cold and rainy here. Boo. Maybe this weekend.
What did that run ? 4k or so?

Trilla_one

Reaction score
I imagine getting a low mileage one from a JY could also be a less costly option. So long as the truck was running before it was totaled, without any front damage.