Jeep Wheels on 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eatsleepdrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, Does anyone know if a 2011 jeeps wheels will fit on a 97 4door tahoe?
Mine is a 2wd 5x5 pattern. i know the lugs match up, but the jeep wheels have an 7.5 backspacing, and im just wondering if that will rub on the inner fender or control arms or anything...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a completely different bolt pattern :shrug:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope same I believe:

Jeeps with 5 on 5" Bolt Pattern:
* 06-08 Commander (XK)
* 99-04 Grand Cherokee (WJ)
* 05-08 Grand Cherokee (WK)
* 07-08 Wrangler (JK)
* 07-08 Wrangler Unlimited (JK)

(old list found on google)

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will scrape the a arms ... mine scraped enough to shave off the wheel weights when I lowered with 15s ... 16s would have had a shitload of clearance. Not sure what backspacing you are running ... it's probably best to try one and find out for sure.

Of course report back here and let us know. :D

johncombs2185

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed, those a re completely different bolts. can't possibly fit together. Should check the lug nut size too.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Might want to check out the list of all jeep wheels here you might need, find the compatible ones. Got ideas from here. Specs are here too. And if you've thought purchasing, they offer those too.

AppleCity713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 97 2wd tahoe looking to find out what spacers and if i can fit some jeep wranglers wheels on it