Tires..It's gonna come faster than you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have extra rims and don't mind changing them, dedicated snows are the way to go. I have Blizzaks and they are excellent. Rubber is compounded specifically for colder temps and the excessive siping they have is the secret between all terrain tires and Dedicated ones on true ice and snow....

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes for winter tires I like the Blizzaks best but they doe wear fast. Second choice is the Michelin winter tire. They last a bit longer but do not grip as well as the Blizzaks. Given the choice I take the Blizzaks first. I have had both over the last 20 years. Currently have Michelin Winter LTX.

My snows are on dedicated OEM alloy rims

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have dedicated rims. I purchased them last year with a set of Blizzack dm02 iirc tires on them. They were good for the season and knew that when I got them.

Im torn on whether I get just winter tires or on/off-road tires.

The good and bad go with both types of tires. The winter tires with all the siping and softer compound materials that get worn out sooner. The on/off-road tires can be used any season, but have different compounds and last longer.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I do have dedicated rims. I purchased them last year with a set of Blizzack dm02 iirc tires on them. They were good for the season and knew that when I got them.

The good and bad go with both types of tires. The winter tires with all the siping and softer compound materials that get worn out sooner. The on/off-road tires can be used any season, but have different compounds and last longer.
If it were me and I was going to run a set of tires designated for winter use I would run Blizzaks. I went through this same conundrum a few months ago and decided to just run a good set of AT tires year round and take good care of my wheels.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is why General made the Grabber APT it covers you all year and has a long wearing tread compound.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the widest that we can run on a 17” tire?

I’m ass-U-Ming we can go to 285/70/17’s, as my 20’s are 285 series wide.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the widest that we can run on a 17” tire?

I’m ass-U-Ming we can go to 285/70/17’s, as my 20’s are 285 series wide.
I have the 285/70/17 ‘13 hoe stock alloy rims 8.5 wide iirc and without the rc level I rub. I have slight rub at full lock in reverse only with level.

Never assume.... because it only makes an ass out of you and me...
:happy175:
I crack myself up.....;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep