Tires..It's gonna come faster than you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have to get the truck ready for daily activities.

An 88 year old fuggin Qtip took me out this past Tuesday and totaled my ‘17 Buick Regal GS, and put me in the hospital for 3 days. Idiot was driving a fuggin Subaru couldn’t see past the windshield and drove thru a red traffic light. She struck me on the drivers side, spun me out and put me into 5 parked cars at around 40. Needless to say there was nothing left of the car. Have 3 broken ribs a black eye from I don’t know what 32 stitches in my left firearm from broken glass, but greatful I’m ok and the qtip is as well.

The truck is good to go but now have to consider putting in a set of winter tires as I’m gonna hold out on another car for a while. I bought a set of Used wheels n tires last year with winter tires on it and they are shot. We didn’t get all that much weather last year so really have nothing to compare.

Do I go with winter tires or with on/off-road tires? My pickemuptruk I only used on/off-road but these trucks are different in the way they handle.

I live in PA, Lehigh Valley, we get snow but mostly the freezing rain n shit. Snow to me is Syracuse area where it’s snow not sloppy shit.

What do you guys put on your trucks for the winter?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

An 88 year old fuggin Qtip took me out this past Tuesday and totaled my ‘17 Buick Regal GS, and put me in the hospital for 3 days. Idiot was driving a fuggin Subaru couldn’t see past the windshield and drove thru a red traffic light. She struck me on the drivers side, spun me out and put me into 5 parked cars at around 40. Needless to say there was nothing left of the car. Have 3 broken ribs a black eye from I don’t know what 32 stitches in my left firearm from broken glass, but greatful I’m ok and the qtip is as well.

The truck is good to go but now have to consider putting in a set of winter tires as I’m gonna hold out on another car for a while. I bought a set of Used wheels n tires last year with winter tires on it and they are shot. We didn’t get all that much weather last year so really have nothing to compare.

Do I go with winter tires or with on/off-road tires? My pickemuptruk I only used on/off-road but these trucks are different in the way they handle.

I live in PA, Lehigh Valley, we get snow but mostly the freezing rain n shit. Snow to me is Syracuse area where it’s snow not sloppy shit.

Wow! That had to be a hell of a ride. Glad you are not worse off than you are.

I will second the Blizzak recommendation based on what friends of mine have shared. I have never swapped tires for winter, just made sure I had good rubber going into snow season.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The General Grabber APT is certified for year round use in Canada - snow capable tires are a requirement there - they were tested in snow on full size suv's.
https://generaltire.com/tires/light-trucksuv/grabber-apt

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got y’all on the winter tires. They do wear quickly. The set I bought last year were used had 5/32nds on them when I got them. Measured them this morning 2-3/32nds in roughly 5000 miles.

My thought is for that wear is it worth the Blizzack’s or on/off-road tires with the 3 mountain peak usage like General grabber atm’s?

The ride happened so fast I really didn’t know what the hell happened. I also think I passed out for a few moments. I remember seeing the car at my door cursing, as it was happening, spinning crunching and stopping. When the bystanders got to the car I don’t remember them pulling the door open and glass off of me.

One of the bystanders is an Allentown firewomen. I thank all of you guys in the line of duty. She kept me calm, applied all the pressure and bandaging to my arm kept me seated until they boarded me out of the car. Another person found my wallet and cell phone under one of the parked cars and brought to the police department hours after the crash. I mention this cause where this happened isn’t the best end of town. All People come together when someone else is hurt no matter who you are. I firmly believe this now.

These cars/trucksand their passenger safety zones are incredible!

I hate to say it but if it was my 79 Seville I don’t think I would of fared as well.

That & the big G up above was watching!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan