It's been awhile since I posted. Wheels, brakes, suspension drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Yukon with spindles, keys, DJM hardware and 5305 coils and airbags going into day. I had 24s and hated them. I'm looking for wheels big enough to clear the GMT900 brakes with a tire around 31.5-32" I also really don't want some sumo wrestlers for wheels. I have True Forged on my TBSS and will be ordering Bogarts after the engine and suspension is done on my truck. I'm not looking that light but relatively light wheels that look good.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel clearance won't be a problem since I have spindles. What all should I get from the GMT900?

received_362149124505307.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
received_362149124505307.jpegThis is the Yukon I built for my wife with the SSBC BBK. All I had left to do was drop in a LQ9 from a Silverado SS but I ended up getting a crazy offer

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The gmt900 brakes only need 18s to clear.

17s

Wheel clearance won't be a problem since I have spindles. What all should I get from the GMT900?

View attachment 224917

You need the calipers WITH the brackets, rotors, pads. Done. You could do stainless for the flexible lines to firm up the pedal a bit as a bonus.

I suggest using year after 2009 (I used 2013) when buying parts as there were two different castings for the calipers in 07 ( and maybe 08?).

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my 416 LS3 Trailblazer and my Yukon I am talking about in this thread. The 24s are gone and it has 18" Titan wheels on it now. Although this weekend I am getting either 20" or 22" wheels for it. I know it needs brakes, some steering components, and for me to throw some of the parts the TBSS and Silverado are having removed making way for future upgrades.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:banplease:

You need the calipers WITH the brackets, rotors, pads. Done. You could do stainless for the flexible lines to firm up the pedal a bit as a bonus.

I suggest using year after 2009 (I used 2013) when buying parts as there were two different castings for the calipers in 07 ( and maybe 08?).

Same size pads, its just the way the attach to the caliper.. but yeah match up those years.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I read correctly that the rear brakes I have now are better than GMT900 parts? I know it took me forever to get SSBC to believe me when I told them I had dual piston rear calipers. I finally just bought the parts, sent the single pistons parts back and about 5 months later they let me know my CC had been refunded. I'd love Z06 calipers and so on but it's approaching aftermarket BBK prices.