It'll buff out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Yep , that's exactly why you don't give a sixteen year old kid a brand new car. I don't car how much money mommy and daddy have. Point is Shit happens!!. Let them earn the right to drive something nice.

Glad nobody got hurt!

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned to drive in my moms big Mercury on the back windy roads of Clifton, VA. Back then, we had a couple of narrow one lane bridges. They were fun in the snow too

Of my 3 kids, my son is the one that worries me the most. People here in NoVa drive like assholes. Rarely do you see turn signals or people come to a complete stop. That is the main reason all my cars now have dash cams.

I remember when they taught 10 and 2, now it's 8 and 4 on the wheel. At skid school, it was 9 and 3. I guess the 8 and 4 method is due to air bags.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned to drive in my moms big Mercury on the back windy roads of Clifton, VA. Back then, we had a couple of narrow one lane bridges. They were fun in the snow too

Of my 3 kids, my son is the one that worries me the most. People here in NoVa drive like assholes. Rarely do you see turn signals or people come to a complete stop. That is the main reason all my cars now have dash cams.

I remember when they taught 10 and 2, now it's 8 and 4 on the wheel. At skid school, it was 9 and 3. I guess the 8 and 4 method is due to air bags.

All true and accurate.

Which dash cam would you recommend?

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using this one, bought all off eBay. I've got them all hardwired and the picture quality is great. I also like they use adhesive instead of suction cups.

IMG_0550.PNG

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Highlander back on Friday and the work was exceptional. Took it to Chantilly Auto Body, can believe how well they matched the paint on a 14 year old car. They emailed me daily updates and finished a week ahead of schedule.
I'm sure my daughter will be more careful in the future.

IMG_0525.JPG IMG_0573.JPG

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Highlander back on Friday and the work was exceptional. Took it to Chantilly Auto Body, can believe how well they matched the paint on a 14 year old car. They emailed me daily updates and finished a week ahead of schedule.
I'm sure my daughter will be more careful in the future.

View attachment 83322 View attachment 83323

GREAT.

I work very close to that shop. Had work done there many years ago on a black VW and was happy with their work. I had a deep door ding in a black Challenger a few years ago and, for some reason, went to another shop nearby (Centreville Collision) and wasn't as pleased with the overall result.

Glad this worked out great for you!

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GREAT.

I work very close to that shop. Had work done there many years ago on a black VW and was happy with their work. I had a deep door ding in a black Challenger a few years ago and, for some reason, went to another shop nearby (Centreville Collision) and wasn't as pleased with the overall result.

Glad this worked out great for you!

If you ever need dentless repair work done, use Pefect PDR in South Riding. The guy got two 4" long creases out of my wife's van and you only pay if you are happy. Dude puts Dentmasters to shame, plus he comes to your house or work.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever need dentless repair work done, use Pefect PDR in South Riding. The guy got two 4" long creases out of my wife's van and you only pay if you are happy. Dude puts Dentmasters to shame, plus he comes to your house or work.

Yeah, I know of the guy who has a setup at the Main Street Lube complex. I spoke to him at the time. Actually, he was not entirely confident he could remove the dent----it was in the main body line. But a good PDR contact is worth his weight in gold.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score