It’s here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I'm just gonna leave mine in the driveway and let it idle all night. If I don't switch it off, I won't have to press that A in a circle button.
You do that That 4.00$ diesel will sore up your wallet real fast! The AUTO START/STOP feature is what we are taking about!

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto start/stop was not removed for the diesels, only gas motors. The extra heat produced by the start/stop process can also cause passive regen, keeping you from having to go through so many full regen cycles where you see the message to continue to drive for regen.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extra heat produced by the start/stop process can also cause passive regen, keeping you from having to go through so many full regen cycles where you see the message to continue to drive for regen.
How does this produce extra heat? The only 2 ways this engine produces heat are continuous High Rpms, or Load such as towing... And both facilitate full and quick regens.
I've never seen anyone on here mention seeing the "continue to drive" message from their LM2. I short trip mine as well as occasional long trips. Not a whimper from the DPF....MPG ranges from 24-31 MPG....

Pifemaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those of you like me that HATE the Auto Start/Stop feature, there is a solution. I added this to my 2021 GMC Yukon Denali with the 6.2L engine a few weeks ago and it work FLAWLESSLY. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/gm/products/2021-2022-gmc-yukon-yukon-xl They claim it will also work on the Diesel engine.

P.S. I have no stake in this company and make no commission. Just passing along the info on a product that works great for me.

Robert Pfeifer

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you like me that HATE the Auto Start/Stop feature, there is a solution. I added this to my 2021 GMC Yukon Denali with the 6.2L engine a few weeks ago and it work FLAWLESSLY. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/gm/products/2021-2022-gmc-yukon-yukon-xl They claim it will also work on the Diesel engine.

P.S. I have no stake in this company and make no commission. Just passing along the info on a product that works great for me.

Robert Pfeifer
Hi Robert. Thanks for that. I really don't want to wear out my diesel with auto start-stop.

Have you been able to tell whether the presence of this module is detectable to the diagnostic system? How long have you been running it?

This is a kind of tech countermeasure that works. The source code for reprograming the car's chips is not available. An in-law who does industrial robotics coding tells me this. He says rewriting the code to change the default settings - eg, that leaves auto-start-stop off instead of on - is not going to be possible for many reasons I don't really understand. However, an add on module like this looks like it could work for many things, like lane keeping assist, vibrating seats, etc., things that people don't want.

That's great.

Pifemaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Robert. Thanks for that. I really don't want to wear out my diesel with auto start-stop.

Have you been able to tell whether the presence of this module is detectable to the diagnostic system? How long have you been running it?

This is a kind of tech countermeasure that works. The source code for reprograming the car's chips is not available. An in-law who does industrial robotics coding tells me this. He says rewriting the code to change the default settings - eg, that leaves auto-start-stop off instead of on - is not going to be possible for many reasons I don't really understand. However, an add on module like this looks like it could work for many things, like lane keeping assist, vibrating seats, etc., things that people don't want.

That's great.
I have been running this device for a little over a month with zero issues. My buddy has a 2021 Yukon AT4 with the 5.3 L engine and ordered one the same day as me. He also has had no issues or problems. The conversion does not throw any error codes or diagnostic warnings. It just works! Best hundred dollars I have spent in a long time.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Diesel's need to fully warm up to properly function especially with all the epa mandated crap. The hotter they run the cleaner the dpf stays and less chances of it clogging/ not regenning properly

The auto/start stop function totally defeats this concept. Especially in city driving. That's why I didn't opt for the diesel in the denali. I have 5 other diesel trucks , 3 of which with dpf's and 2 with def. The regen is completely stupid but would be a hundred times worse if all I did was running errands and stop and go city driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish