It’s been a while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
tell them it need to be fix or you will have the EPA pull their license to do A/C work..

it should have been "fixed" on the second try...

first try is to fill it up with freon and dye

second try is to find the leak and repair

I totally agree. Just goes to show the incompetence with some of the techs there. I get that there is a lot more than just a ac compressor and condenser but still if you fill it and add dye then you need to check every single place there is an ac line or fitting

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bomnin Chevrolet is in South Miami near Dadeland. For Chris in Boca it would take him 60-90 minutes or more [on a good day] to get there as you have to take the 826 [Palmetto Expressway] also known as the Crawlmetto Expressway as it is always gridlocked.

I honestly would not trust any dealer in Miami for anything much less for service. I did call Tropical Chevrolet in Miami after I saw a add for a Tahoe LT back in 2016. The manager later called me back later in the day [as I told him I was going to go down there the next morning] and told me he made a mistake on the price of the Tahoe and it is actually going to cost 4K bucks more then what he previously said.

With that said Coral Cadillac and Sheehan Cadillac in North Broward seem to have a decent reputation for service.
We have one of their stores in Northern VA.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gary, next time you're in Winston-Salem, NC, Flow GMC treated us great, they stayed late to get my truck on the road and they are the folks that run GMPartsDirect.com. Also, Strosnider Chevrolet in Hopewell, VA are the folks that rebuilt my truck's AFM system. I did not deal with them directly but they did send me the service records and obviously did good work. They're close to I-95 for your north and south runs. And then if you're using I-81, Opequon Motors in Martinsville, WV sold my truck to the original owner and serviced it for most of its life.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Gary, next time you're in Winston-Salem, NC, Flow GMC treated us great, they stayed late to get my truck on the road and they are the folks that run GMPartsDirect.com. Also, Strosnider Chevrolet in Hopewell, VA are the folks that rebuilt my truck's AFM system. I did not deal with them directly but they did send me the service records and obviously did good work. They're close to I-95 for your north and south runs. And then if you're using I-81, Opequon Motors in Martinsville, WV sold my truck to the original owner and serviced it for most of its life.

Thanks for the info James. Going back on the road in about 3 weeks to get away from this jungle heat for a short.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge VA is also good. See Audra. Exit 152 on I-95.

Good the know also. I usually have lunch in that area as traffic sometimes gets gridlocked there.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Keeping the ppwk is golden. Deff keep copies of the entire history in the truck with originals at home. The Caddie suggestion is a good one. The Chevy dealer is only as good as the owner allows them to be. Our GMC / Caddie / Buick dealer is good until they believe you’re pleased and ready for 100% perfect feedback.

When our local dealer sized up our vehicle with out of the ordinary repairs and camouflaged it, a particular service advisor would run like a cockroach when the truck came in. When I went to a different service advisor, it was like night and day. I took it as far as the service mgr who protected him until I asked if he was favored by the owner. He response was just a pregnant pause with another, more sincere apology.

Ultimately, what I discovered was that no matter how high I took it, the owner is the head, but that service advisor is the neck and he can turn the head anyway he pleases. Getting a new service advisor resolved the prima donna theatrics and endless supply of canned lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham