Issue with passenger side rear drumbreak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanRomstyJr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 1999 Tahoe passenger side drum-break keeps overheating and smoking. I was hearing this loud moaning groaning sound when I drove faster then 40ish mph. I didn’t do anything about it for a couple of weeks. Until it got really loud one day and groaned at any speed and then my passenger side drum started smoking. I replaced the drums but when I started driving, the exact same drum started smoking again. I realized my hand break cable running on the drivers side was pretty tense so that could have been the problem but I’m not sure. What do you think could be the issue?

OP
OP
DanRomstyJr

DanRomstyJr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 1999 Tahoe passenger side drum-break keeps overheating and smoking. I was hearing this loud moaning groaning sound when I drove faster then 40ish mph. I didn’t do anything about it for a couple of weeks. Until it got really loud one day and groaned at any speed and then my passenger side drum started smoking. I replaced the drums but when I started driving, the exact same drum started smoking again. I realized my hand break cable running on the drivers side was pretty tense so that could have been the problem but I’m not sure. What do you think could be the issue?
I also replaced my drum break wheel cylinder