Is TRQ a good brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a wheel hub on partsgeek, and I could easily get a Timken, Moog, or Centric wheel hub, but for the price of one of those I could get a set of 2 from TRQ and do both at the same time in case the other is going bad as well. What do you guys suggest? Any experience with TRQ?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably close to the same as Detroit Axle. What most don't realize is China is controlled manufacturing. One maker, hundreds of suppliers. Pure Chineesium. Which you choose is up to you, The OEM lasted a long long time.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a wheel hub on partsgeek, and I could easily get a Timken, Moog, or Centric wheel hub, but for the price of one of those I could get a set of 2 from TRQ and do both at the same time in case the other is going bad as well. What do you guys suggest? Any experience with TRQ?

Stick with GM OE or Timken.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am willing to bet TRQ is not the maker and is just a supplier throwing there name around and what you might receive will be some other brand I see it all over ebay and amazon. The trick is to decipher the part number, take the listed part number and search it alone, that generally leads you to who the manufacturer is most of the time. This is also how I find some quality parts for less because some manufactures do not allow suppliers to sell below msrp, even though that is illegal they make it binding in the contract so what they sometimes will do is market the part under a different name or part number. they also do this by having you put the part in a cart first before they reveal the price ebay does it and rock auto does it that way the lower price is not "advertised" and they are not breaking the manufacture/supplier contract. If they do market it below msrp what the manufacture/supplier can do is blacklist the seller and they can no longer purchase from them it's a sticky game of cat n mouse sometimes.

OP
OP
ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the Timken in. Everything went well except it didn’t seem to be the issue. The groaning road noise is still there! Could it be the C.V.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan