Is this the right kit for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wasn't 100% sure if this kit would work on my car. I have a 4wd LT on 24's.

http://www.mcgaughystore.com/2015-2...ring-kit-w-o-front-auto-ride-mcgaughys-34065/

I was reading other threads and people were talking about how the spindles weren't perfect on the 4wd's or something? (my apologies if that's a fatuous question).

Also, how would I know if I have 'autoride'? I purchased the truck used and it didn't have the packages and options listed on it.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wasn't 100% sure if this kit would work on my car. I have a 4wd LT on 24's.

http://www.mcgaughystore.com/2015-2...ring-kit-w-o-front-auto-ride-mcgaughys-34065/

I was reading other threads and people were talking about how the spindles weren't perfect on the 4wd's or something? (my apologies if that's a fatuous question).

Also, how would I know if I have 'autoride'? I purchased the truck used and it didn't have the packages and options listed on it.

The belltech springs are very soft beware!!!!

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still just trying to figure out if I have autoride or not and if the 2/4 Mcgaughys will fit on my truck.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
send me a pic of your rear shocks I'll tell you in 2 seconds, but I bet you probably don't.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The belltech springs are very soft beware!!!!

So I'm guessing tow capacity is lowered based on sagging via tongue weight? I'd primarily tow anything substantial with the suburban, but don't really want to give up the option on the caddy.

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
send me a pic of your rear shocks I'll tell you in 2 seconds, but I bet you probably don't.

a photo of my rear shock will tell you if I have auto ride or not? I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Yea it'll squat bad under any load

Hmm I don't want that, especially if I have a few friends in the back.