Is this lift any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az99hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not that it matters as it's already on the truck. But any known issues I should be aware of. It appears to be a Rancho 4 inch? But not sure. It was on the truck when I got it. And yes I have an oil leak somewhere and I'm working on figuring it out.

20190629_081333.jpg 20190629_081344.jpg 20190629_081359.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's only 4"? Looks like a 6" or 7" to me. I can't speak for the quality of that kit. But, generally, any kit that drops everything down while maintaining factory design is good. Unless there was a design flaw in that kit, I'd say it's just fine.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I have an oil leak somewhere and I'm working on figuring it out.
From where it is I'd check the power steering, pump , gear, lines.

Would your lift be the difference between where the upper control arm is now and where it should be? The measurement between those two bolts.

OP
OP
Az99hoe

Az99hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's only 4"? Looks like a 6" or 7" to me. I can't speak for the quality of that kit. But, generally, any kit that drops everything down while maintaining factory design is good. Unless there was a design flaw in that kit, I'd say it's just fine.

Was told it was 4 when I got the truck.. couldn't be positive.

OP
OP
Az99hoe

Az99hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From where it is I'd check the power steering, pump , gear, lines.

Would your lift be the difference between where the upper control arm is now and where it should be? The measurement between those two bolts.

I'll check and see what it comes out to. Thanks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, as David mentioned, measure from the original mounting location to the new mounting location. Center of one bolt to center of the other.

Oh, then update your sig. :D

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifts are pretty simple things if they just get the geometry right and don't put any other mechanical items in a bad position. Many people just rate a lift being "good" by how it rides which is mainly the spring rate and shock damping. In other words, check to make sure nothing like a driveshaft is at a a crazy angle and if the ride is ok to you, it's probably fine.