Is there some digital kill switch I can put on my Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougo

Reaction score
no pin's needed the hood has a factory pin, even if they forced the rear glass open if they made any noise at all it triggers the glass sensor, you can't sit in the truck with the alarm set or leave your phone or anything that makes noise in it because it will trigger the alarm.
also you can't start it without a learned key or you would have to swap the ecm with a hacked one, but even getting that far is nearly impossible without triggering the alarm
you would basically have to be a ninja to do it and i can assure you unless you had some kind of gold bar sitting in plain site thieves are going to just pass it up when they see the alarm led flashing.
these are not kia's or hyundia's you can't just break the ignition and turn it and start it. it won't run
other steps you can take
1. lock your vehicle at all times even in daylight in your own driveway
2. tint all the windows that you can legally (if they can't see it, they don't know it's there)
3. park under or near a lighted area
4. park in a frequently traveled spot, not out in the back 40 (this is also just asking for it)
5. keep anything of value out of sight, behind the front seats on the floorboard is good
if you leave things in plain sight then you are just asking for it, plain and simple
Thank you, the great advice I will have to use the starter, kill on my Tahoe as it is an 06 apparently, it's not hard to defeat to the embolizer. 01-06 gm trucks have become a popular target across the country .

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other fun things to do might include setting up the transfer case to go into neutral if you don't flip a switch or what have you, or cutting power to the electronic transmission so it doesn't shift out of park.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's better that it just not start at all.

Do these things have Neutral Safety Switches? Switch not closed, no start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT