Is there a thread with dealers charging msrp vs a market adj?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most dealers in the PAC-NW are at $5K off the 1500’s, which is a better deal than Supplier Pricing.

Your dealer is probably keeping the markup for now because there will always be people that don’t bother to ask about a lower price, it’s pure profit for them.

Different ballgame on the SUVs.

This is not going to last. I think it's going to be the same as the 1/2 ton pickups by the end of Q4 2023.

I mean, perhaps, it will be the case for GM. But they would be leaving market share to get picked up by Ford and Stellantis if GM doesn't continue to increase production levels and capacity.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford and Stellantis have no vehicle to compete with a Duramax Tahoe/Yukon/Esky. These vehicles will never be available under MSRP. Especially with the ongoing lifter issue. They are still mostly unheard of at dealers and never "Just show up" in dealer stock.....

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford and Stellantis have no vehicle to compete with a Duramax Tahoe/Yukon/Esky. These vehicles will never be available under MSRP. Especially with the ongoing lifter issue. They are still mostly unheard of at dealers and never "Just show up" in dealer stock.....

I'm not sure if they have no vehicle to compete with a Duramax - they just don't have a diesel option.

After having turbocharged inline 6 engines, I really don't need any additional complexity in the powertrain (of a diesel engine and its related emissions components) for long term ownership.

While I prefer the simplicity of naturally aspirated V8s at this point, the power output of the turbocharged V6s from Ford and Stellantis are more than sufficient. The current generation of the 3.5 EcoBoost seems to have almost all of its problems worked out. You'll get a more range with a Duramax, but I don't think I'll necessarily see any cost savings due to the premium cost of diesel fuel.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it'll be even sooner than the EOY - larger local dealer has 3 SLEs that have been sitting. Website shows priced at sticker. Yeah I know they're SLEs, but that market is what will quit buying first...unless you "want" to be frugal, an SLE buyer is probably financing and 6-7-8% is hard to stomach right now. Recently read that 85% of new car purchases are financed...

As far as diesel Tahoes - here are a few new diesel tahoes that have pics online...meaning if they were already sold they wouldn't be taking pics and posting them...will be interesting to see how long they stay up. I'd guess by the end of the week they are all sold. If so, that's still better than seeing a stock picture of an unavailable vehicle in transit.

honestly these are probably still available simply because they are diesels...

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are many dealerships who "Advertise" at MSRP... Ahhh, but when you arrive...there are "acquisition" fees and market demand "markups"....
The one you show in Warsaw, IN even says this in fine print at the bottom. I'm not saying they can't be bought for MSRP. But you won't get away from any of these dealers for MSRP and 150.00 in paperwork, and you are gone, believe me.
If these are truly available, they'll be gone w/in a week.... People are scouring for these every day.....

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it'll be even sooner than the EOY - larger local dealer has 3 SLEs that have been sitting. Website shows priced at sticker. Yeah I know they're SLEs, but that market is what will quit buying first...unless you "want" to be frugal, an SLE buyer is probably financing and 6-7-8% is hard to stomach right now. Recently read that 85% of new car purchases are financed...

As far as diesel Tahoes - here are a few new diesel tahoes that have pics online...meaning if they were already sold they wouldn't be taking pics and posting them...will be interesting to see how long they stay up. I'd guess by the end of the week they are all sold. If so, that's still better than seeing a stock picture of an unavailable vehicle in transit.

honestly these are probably still available simply because they are diesels...

there are many dealerships who "Advertise" at MSRP... Ahhh, but when you arrive...there are "acquisition" fees and market demand "markups"....
The one you show in Warsaw, IN even says this in fine print at the bottom. I'm not saying they can't be bought for MSRP. But you won't get away from any of these dealers for MSRP and 150.00 in paperwork, and you are gone, believe me.
If these are truly available, they'll be gone w/in a week.... People are scouring for these every day.....

It seems like the debate here is only whether the Duramax will still be in short supply by the end of 2023. It doesn't seem like we're debating whether there will be enough 5.3L or 6.2L to meet demand by the end of 2023.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were and they will be again (I paid well under MSRP for the wife's diesel denali xl).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon