Is there a quality forum for Avalanche

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. I thought I read on here that streaming music on bluetooth started with the 2012 models. If that's not the case then I'd go older and replace the head unit. It annoys me that so much gets routed through the stereo though.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. I thought I read on here that streaming music on bluetooth started with the 2012 models. If that's not the case then I'd go older and replace the head unit. It annoys me that so much gets routed through the stereo though.
The 12 HU had the update to hdd instead of cd for nav plus 20 gb music storage and pause live radio, but it definitely cant stream - I had one of the last 13 LTZs made. The 900s were not near as integrated as the k2s - you can buy adapters for everything - xm, nav, steering wheel controls, and rear camera; an aftermarket hu should get you all the new stuff. Dont go older than 11 as that is when the oil routing was improved for the AFM. I am seriously trying to buy one now, and telling the wife it would be good for a teenager even though rear visibility is horrible for someone with little driving experience (the only true thing that sucks). The rear camera, however, was much better in the avy than my 18 LT burb. Milage is 15-16 mpg. I actually want an EXT with the 6.2 - dont know if they can stream...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all that information. My '09 Tahoe has 220k miles on its AFM and is doing well.

pcwizard2600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had an '02 Z71 Avy, and my girlfriend still has her '07 LTZ. Never had much issue with the covers, although I would wipe down the rubber between the sections with armor all or silicone periodically. Rarely had a leak except a tiny bit in a real heavy rain. when the leakage occurred during the heavy rains, it was always on the right side near the tailgate on both of them.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still driving mine till the end of april when I will be swapping some parts and driving the hoe I have full time ( in addition to the Denali xl the wife drives and the 8.1 c2500 burb I am using for a tow pig)

the reason for the exact dates is the avy is rusting out on me and I patched it up enough to be safe through then, I have some vacation time and will be swapping during that time as the hoe was wrecked and needs some parts off the avy. but I have had the avy for about 6-8 years or so and have put about 80k on it myself and pulled/worked it much through the salt of Michigan.

any avy specific questions I would be happy to try and answer, I am more familiar with the 02-06 versions, but my buddy has an 09 and I have become more familiar with those also.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've come to realize I should have bought a Chevy Avalanche for my needs. It won't happen soon but I think I'd like to swap into one. I see that bed flipping feature as a potential problem area and I'd like to hear what people are saying. This forum has been fabulous with very low noise to signal and I'd like to find that for Avalanches.
I wanted one my self NNBS one

I was going to buy one but gas price were sooo high at the time I all ready started saving up for one... :) maybe a hybrid swap but it will be hard to find a drive shaft for it.. longer length = breaker bar = Destroyed rear differential

right now there is sooo many forsale with 120k or less :D and under 9k

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been turned. My possibly evil neighbors have been taking my wife and I 4 wheeling in their Jeep Rubicon. The scenery they've shown us and the ridiculous capabilities of the Jeep have made me want one instead.

This time it's more serious as I'm trying to sell my Tahoe to buy one.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good luck with that. Totally different vehicles and what they are meant for. Get used to no room in that Jeep compared to the Tahoe. If it is just you and your wife and no kids, then start laying out the grid in the Jeep for where your stuff will be and your wife's stuff because the extra room in the Tahoe will now be gone.

By the way, I did the off roading 4x4 rig adventure. I had a purpose built 73 Blazer that I guarantee you I put in places not even that Rubicon can go. I had 1 ton axles and a roll cage and ram assist steering and and and.....the list goes on. But I was younger. It was a blast though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop