Is Mobil 1 trying to pull a fast one??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, @Galante, sorry to hear about your 1 ball. Hunting accident or ..............:rolleyes:

I thought he was neutered?

Usually it's just one that would itch, unless you've been blessed with some foreign critters down there that makes both of 'em itch. Being that @Galante is married and likely has a low-risk, monogamous ****** relationship, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

TorqueToSpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I read a couple of articles where they tore apart all the major filters and critiqued them, and I'm sure there are measurable differences. However, personally I think that as long as you use any of the brands mentioned here and change oil and filter a bit more often than the recommended interval, you'll be fine. I've used Mobil 1 synthetic and mostly their filters since my Tahoe was new, and the closest I've come to having to open up the engine was to replace the oil pickup tube o-ring. I'm within 600 miles of the 200k mark now and it still runs well.
So... better than a $5500 IMS fix for my 997 engine. That’s one of the reasons I picked up my Tahoe... if something blows up its a fraction of the cost. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the Porsche but nothing beats a road trip in the Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hands are usually greasy by the time I get to the filter....right around the time I gotta run in and take a crap.....

All that wiggling around to get underneath gets your ****** moving! LOL Can't say that has never happened to me... LOL

Some time ago I made a spreadsheet for this:

upload_2020-9-13_10-58-30.png

My own experience is that the M1 EP filters dropped the engine's oil pressure by about 2-3 psi. If the data is accurate, there's one clear winner.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Some really good information here. It’s a stark contrast from the sacrosanct view of Mobil1 in my Porsche experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try a Rolls-Royce and Bentley forum. You've overthrown the monarchy if you use the wrong wiper blade or different tire size. They went nuts when I told them I installed a set of Radial TA 255/50-15s on my 82 Silver Spur. But it was the best ride ever!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a Rolls-Royce and Bentley forum. You've overthrown the monarchy if you use the wrong wiper blade or different tire size. They went nuts when I told them I installed a set of Radial TA 255/50-15s on my 82 Silver Spur. But it was the best ride ever!

We don't raise our pinkies when pouring in the oil. Smug bastages.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So funny, brings back memories, I used to sell tires and the only people that used those BFG Radial T/As in 255-50-15s was the Silver Spur customers and one of my buddies on his Buick! The reason I went with the KO2s on my truck is because they have the C-Block of the Radial T/As and those were awesome for traction when racing and in the rain.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have some Grey Poupon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01