Is it worth buying a GM TECH 2 scanner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know if it reads Airbags codes?
According to the manufacturer yes it does. I have not used it for that yet but i have had absolutely no problem reading and clearing abs and transmission codes so i would assume that that works just as flawlessly. Might be worth a try. With Amazons return policy it should be a no questions asked return if it does not function as promised.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know if it reads Airbags codes?
Ah... Checked their website. That appears be something that is not supported for the older vehicles. Sorry.

Screenshot_2017-05-03-16-57-12.png

Edit actually maybe it does. Worth a phone call to check atleast.

Screenshot_2017-05-03-17-00-23.png

OP
OP
RicanGM

RicanGM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TheAutummWind, I have the airbag light on, that's one of the reason am looking for a good scanner, most of the standard scanner don't read airbags.

Thanks anyway.

1998Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the MTS3100 (basically an enhanced Tech 1)? I have one for my Suburban and I can access every module, read codes, perform crank variation learn,etc. It's quite handy.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both a real and a clone, had the clone for 2+ years. Never an issue with both, and they both function the same.

Thanks, thinking of pulling the trigger. Aren't clones around $200 or so? It's been a while since I looked on ebay. For some time I was thinking of getting a Verus or something more branded I guess for reliabilities sake. Looks like that clone is holding up for you.

Can you divulge the brand, seller info? Thanks.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Verus is great. The problem is the updates will make you go broke if you decide to update. Just buy the clone. I bought mine thru alibaba not eBay. For some reason I trusted that more.