Is it possible to install a PKE + push button start on a 07-14 PPV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done any research on this or installed this mod? Or something similar? I’m interested in this for a future project.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Smart-...907927&hash=item2cc9720484:g:U7sAAOSw011bmh~R

View attachment 209502
I installed that same exact system in my '03. It worked flawlessly until I sold the truck... I'm sure it's still fine for it's new owner. I did have to additionally install a Fortin EVO module and program it to the truck to get the remote start to work... I've been seriously considering doing it to my 2012 PPV because it was so convenient.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
XEALOT

XEALOT

Reaction score
I installed that same exact system in my '03. It worked flawlessly until I sold the truck... I'm sure it's still fine for it's new owner. I did have to additionally install a Fortin EVO module and program it to the truck to get the remote start to work... I've been seriously considering doing it to my 2012 PPV because it was so convenient.

Good to know. I would love to have those features for convenient also. I don’t know if I’m brave enough to attempt this on my own though. I might have to find someone to do the install for me.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
There’s another kit out there called EasyGO. I have this product but did not install because I don’t like the idea of a cutoff key left in the ignition. Door handle is amazing quality though. I’d be willing to sell you the kit painted your color if interested.

EasyGO AM-GMT-8624 Smart Key Remote Start and Alarm System with Summit White Door Handle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYV2W96/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ncoYBbHE8SJHR

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I would love to have those features for convenient also. I don’t know if I’m brave enough to attempt this on my own though. I might have to find someone to do the install for me.
It was quite a wiring project, but the directions are pretty good, and it's all simplified with the EVO-ALL tie in.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s another kit out there called EasyGO. I have this product but did not install because I don’t like the idea of a cutoff key left in the ignition. Door handle is amazing quality though. I’d be willing to sell you the kit painted your color if interested.

EasyGO AM-GMT-8624 Smart Key Remote Start and Alarm System with Summit White Door Handle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYV2W96/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ncoYBbHE8SJHR
That's one heck of a system!

With the EVO-ALL it's not necessary to leave a key in the ignition. The shift interlock must be modified to work with no key in, but our vehicles don't have steering wheel locks.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I will also say the build quality on the other components is excellent also. The fobs are way nicer that even the new GM fobs, start/stop button feels factory. And that door handle again, so nice.

OP
OP
XEALOT

XEALOT

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep you in mind if I move forward with this. I’m not sure if that system is in my budget. Even though I always do love great quality upgrades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442