Is it possible to install a aftermarket radio in a Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes you can put in whatever you want and no it does not need to be coded for anything, sounds like you may not be to familiar with the process I would suggest visiting any local stereo shop, best buy etc for more hands on details.

headala

Reaction score
I installed a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX and a backup camera in my '12 Suburban last weekend. It is running great and I'm happy to answer questions if you like

TheJeef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX and a backup camera in my '12 Suburban last weekend. It is running great and I'm happy to answer questions if you like

I just purchased that same head unit to go in my '10 Tahoe with the Bose factory unit installed. I've got the idatalink Maestro and a backup camera with it. Anything of note you think I should know before proceeding? I almost didn't purchase it due to the Crutchfield website stating that it wouldn't fit. After checking the recommended mounting depth of the radio (6.445") and what they had listed as the depth for the stereo location (6.4"), I decided to give it a try thinking that there would likely be enough room with a .045" difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu