Is it possible to add heated and cooled seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I would like to add heated and cooled seats on my 16' Yukon, but I haven't found much info on the matter. I installed the Denali center console that has the Heated and cooled switches but I don't have the heated and cooled seats, Theoretically could I just install a oem Heated and cooled seat kit and connect them to the switches and everything work fine? If that's the case where could I find the Heated and cooled seat kit?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to add heated and cooled seats on my 16' Yukon, but I haven't found much info on the matter. I installed the Denali center console that has the Heated and cooled switches but I don't have the heated and cooled seats, Theoretically could I just install a oem Heated and cooled seat kit and connect them to the switches and everything work fine? If that's the case where could I find the Heated and cooled seat kit?

Doesn’t everything go through the BCM?

After installing the hardware and connecting everything, it would very likely require programming to add that feature to the BCM. Not hard to do, just need the right tools and pay for access to TIS2WEB/TDS websites.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
After installing the hardware and connecting everything, it would very likely require programming to add that feature to the BCM. Not hard to do, just need the right tools and pay for access to TIS2WEB/TDS websites.

Dang I really wanted some air on my butt. Maybe I can find a dealership willing to program it into the BCM.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
If none will do it, you can do so yourself with the right tools.

I would prefer to do it myself, but most of the Programing tools Iv found are over 700$ which is more than I'm willing to spend for a one time project.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
I thought the MDI2 and GDS2 was under $300? Then all you need to do is interface with a laptop.

Uhh I must have been looking at the wrong tools then. I called a local dealer and they said they would possibly do it for 150$ so I might just go that route. Now Iv just gotta track down the heated and cooled seat kit.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It may be able to be done. I’ve got to head into the office, but will post back later with the parameters and where to start investigating on the hardware side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
It may be able to be done. I’ve got to head into the office, but will post back later with the parameters and where to start investigating on the hardware side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be much appreciated.

Are you able to look up part numbers? Iv called 4 dealerships this morning and no one has been able to find the heated and cooled seat kit. I'm able to find the Regular heated seat kit which is 84269728, but the heated and cooled/ventilated kit is a mystery for the ages.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts