Is it possible that this Tahoe has 4WD/AWD? (pic of dash)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then someone wrote the letters AWD on/in it.

I'm no expert but here's a pic of my dash showing 2wd/Auto/4wd

Bought it from Hertz 2+ years ago, so it could have been a special fleet package, it is what it is.....

IMG_20200723_164427.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but here's a pic of my dash showing 2wd/Auto/4wd

Bought it from Hertz 2+ years ago, so it could have been a special fleet package, it is what it is.....

View attachment 253487
You do know that Auto 4wd does not equal AWD (All Wheel Drive), right? Two completely different things. No one is disputing anyone having Auto 4wd. That’s as common as someone having antilock brakes at this point lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No more awd On the k2xx platform. That stopped with the Gmt 900 platform and the Tahoe never got awd, ever. 2wd or 4wd

Yes it did. In a very few NBS.

He's right. There were some GMT800 Tahoe's that were AWD, but had a 4 Lo selection. These are rare, but this t case isn't as popular, I've researched into this before. It's a rare t case

Yup. AWD Tahoe. Rare, but real.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do know that Auto 4wd does not equal AWD (All Wheel Drive), right? Two completely different things. No one is disputing anyone having Auto 4wd. That’s as common as someone having antilock brakes at this point lol

Not really something I need to care about, as long as I can use it 2 or 3 times a year and not worry about getting stuck on a little beach sand.

Nice to have if I ever need it but it's pretty irrelevant to me to know the technical side

"I'd rather pick the fruit than spend time studying the tree" kinda situation.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it did. In a very few NBS.

Yup. AWD Tahoe. Rare, but real.
So you’re saying there was an “all wheel drive” setup that differed from the AWD (auto 4wd) and 4WD? Like a legit Subaru/Xdrive/Quattro deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So you’re saying there was an “all wheel drive” setup that differed from the AWD (auto 4wd) and 4WD? Like a legit Subaru/Xdrive/Quattro deal?

Yes. But as @Galante pointed out, it's kind irrelevant here, as it was only on NBS trucks.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I don’t know know how this thread turned into nbs’s From k2xx but I was taking about the k2xx platform because that’s what the discussion was about.....until someone threw an 800 in....

Good point. I wasn't really paying attention....

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Suburban and i have the 2HI/AUTO/4HI i am in 2HI anytime I’m home. When i am camping on gravel roads, snow Driving I’ll stick it in AUTO which is what auto is really meant for. Then my desert trips in sandy trails, mud, slick rock I leave in 4HI.

I just do not have the 4LO setting as needed for launching boats or for the most extreme off-roading and load pulling capabilities.

Auto is very much like GM’s autotrac system from the early days.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Suburban and i have the 2HI/AUTO/4HI i am in 2HI anytime I’m home. When i am camping on gravel roads, snow Driving I’ll stick it in AUTO which is what auto is really meant for. Then my desert trips in sandy trails, mud, slick rock I leave in 4HI.

I just do not have the 4LO setting as needed for launching boats or for the most extreme off-roading and load pulling capabilities.

Auto is very much like GM’s autotrac system from the early days.
Right but Autotrac isn’t All wheel drive. It’s automatic 4WD right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne