Is it possible that this Tahoe has 4WD/AWD? (pic of dash)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eliminatethebug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking at this Tahoe for sale which claims to be 4WD/AWD, but this picture of the interior doesn't show the knob that I'm used to seeing. Are there some versions of the Tahoe that don't have the 4wd knob here and, instead have the 4WD controls elsewhere? This is a 2019 Premier. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just confused because the seller says it's AWD/4WD but I thought there should be controls in this location

Thanks

tahoe.JPG

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking at this Tahoe for sale which claims to be 4WD/AWD, but this picture of the interior doesn't show the knob that I'm used to seeing. Are there some versions of the Tahoe that don't have the 4wd knob here and, instead have the 4WD controls elsewhere? This is a 2019 Premier. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just confused because the seller says it's AWD/4WD but I thought there should be controls in this location

Thanks

View attachment 252699

The picture is from a 2WD/RWD model. If you can get the VIN, you should be able to go to a Chevy dealer and have them tell you whether it is actually 4x4 or 2WD. BTW, there is no AWD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eliminatethebug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. That's exactly what i thought, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being dumb.
Thanks for the quick reply

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The picture is from a 2WD/RWD model. If you can get the VIN, you should be able to go to a Chevy dealer and have them tell you whether it is actually 4x4 or 2WD. BTW, there is no AWD.

no Premier AWD or AWD period?

Because my 'Burb is AWD

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could of sworn the Denali and Escalades were awd, which I would also imagine that extends out to the highest trim Tahoe’s

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the confusion lies in the fact that people don’t know the difference between 2wd, 4wd and awd.

for the sake of argument and in simplest terms.

2WD means only 2 wheels propel the vehicle.

4WD means all 4 wheels propel the vehicle when switched on via a selectable transfer case. You have an choice, 2WD, AUTO, 4HIGH or 4LOW. Some of these trucks only came with a 4 high option (Not getting into the different transfer cases)

AWD means all 4 wheels are powering the vehicle all the time, there is no choice and no selectable transfer case.