Is it just me or….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, and even if these didn't have as many problems.... I don't see how they are worth over 80K. And now, certain 2023 ones, they MAKE you buy 3 years of OnStar whether you want it or not. It's crazy to me how many people are just willing to empty their wallets on these vehicles, even with all the problems.

Reaction score
I'm with you, and even if these didn't have as many problems.... I don't see how they are worth over 80K. And now, certain 2023 ones, they MAKE you buy 3 years of OnStar whether you want it or not. It's crazy to me how many people are just willing to empty their wallets on these vehicles, even with all the problems.
But hey, according to some of them people they don't have a choice :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I have onstar, I’m paying $50 a month for unlimited Wi-Fi through AT&T, and a couple other goodies.

what’s crazy is I had my battery disconnected and I was working on my truck inside and accidentally somehow did some thing that got OnStar on the line I don’t know how that works but that’s kind of creepy but onstar works great! I’ve had to use it on a few occasions.

So with the newer platform you are forced to pay for onstar, how does that work ?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They add $1500 to the MSRP. I will try and find the article I saw. I personally like OnStar, but being forced to have it isn't right.
Well if it’s only 1500 and that price includes unlimited Wi-Fi Roadside Assistance and collision detection which is what I have at $50 a month and that 1500 apply to the lifetime of you only vehicle that’s a good deal but if that 1500 extra price is only for like a year that’s a huge rip off

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if it’s only 1500 and that price includes unlimited Wi-Fi Roadside Assistance and collision detection which is what I have at $50 a month and that 1500 apply to the lifetime of you only vehicle that’s a good deal but if that 1500 extra price is only for like a year that’s a huge rip off
It's for 3 years only and then not sure what happens after that, probably loose some functionality or pay up month to month still

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I see all these problems the new rigs are having, I really love my 05. Especially since my recent 5500 mile trip and it performed flawlessly with no hiccups and that included several passes at close to full throttle and a/c on and just nothing to worry about. Had to add 1 quart of oil the whole trip. Rest of fluids were flawless. On the return trip my girlfriend was with me and she drove at times and she has a 90 K2500 pickup and she was really diggin' driving the Tahoe, especially with the Hellwig front and rear sway bar kits.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No cons if you make sure you install right and I would start out with the medium tension at the rear bar and go from there. There is no performance problems at all...period.

The only thing I am about to do is this....When we installed the front and rear kits, we heavily lubed with silicone grease at the frame bushings to bar area. After a while that grease works out and only when I go slow over speed bumps do I hear a squeak noise, like rubber against metal movement, at the front only. My tech friend says we should remove the front frame bushings, drill a hole for a grease zerk in the frame bracket and then drill a hole in line with that hole all the way thru the frame bushing and then etch some pathways from that straight hole and branch out across the bushing and bar contact areas to spread the grease when we grease it. When that is done I will take some pics and post here. I am contacting Hellwig about this to see if there is a different fix. The performance has never been a problem and the noise is only going slow over speed bumps but may be making the noise at other times that I cannot hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne