Is a 2000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2000 was the last year before they switched body styles and engine platforms. So, it's not like it was an earlier "we're still figuring it out" design. Like anything else, you have to diagnose it methodically. Playing parts darts rarely ever nets anything other than deeper frustration and lighter pockets. As best as I can recall the symptoms from your other thread, the fuel filter isn't a dart I would've thrown.

But, you have it outta your system now. :D

Let's pick up where you left off in your other thread and git 'er did.
I had a '96 Yukon and when I bought my 2000 Yukon it was a completely different body style. If I recall correctly, that was the first year of that body style (Gen 2) and it stayed around for about six or seven years until the third generation came out.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a '96 Yukon and when I bought my 2000 Yukon it was a completely different body style. If I recall correctly, that was the first year of that body style (Gen 2) and it stayed around for about six or seven years until the third generation came out.
Yes in 2000 was the model year change for the K and C series (yukon, tahoe, denali, silverado, sierra, etc.) BUT in 2000 you could get just about any of those models with either a 4.8L, 5.3L or 5.7L. The 5.7L had the fuel injection of your 96 Yukon BUT the 4.8L and 5.3L do NOT. My guess is GM did not plan properly and had a bunch of (Vin R 5.7L) stock to get rid of. Blocks, heads, intake upper and lower, goofy spider fuel injection. But oddly after all the problems and complaints over the years of the goody fuel injection, I never had a problem with it at all. Never had to replace the spider even though they typically crack and leak fuel. Never had to replace anything on the fuel injection. The engine is still going today. I sold the truck last year (99 Sierra Z71 3dr) to a friend. It had just under 300K on the odometer when I sold it last year and when I bought it, it had 88K on it and was like 6 years old. Still on the original alternator and a/c compressor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf